Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Squeaking noise from rear suspension

Old 05-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
jerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to behold
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jerysan
Squeaking noise from rear suspension

Have a 09 DCSB Off Road Prerunner with the rear TSB leaf spring recall done. I have noticed a lot of noise coming from the rear suspension. I pressured washed it and sprayed some dry silicone in between the leafs but the noise sounds like it comes from the shocks or bed. It's more noticeable going over bumps alt low speed, and sounds like an old truck. Any input would help..
Old 05-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
For me with stock springs, TSB springs, and TSB plus 3 leaf... the squeaking was always on the brackets holding the springs and heavy application of spray white lithium grease would give me several squeek free months.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
jerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to beholdjerysan is a splendid one to behold
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
I can assure you its not the leafs. I crawled underneath and had someone push down on the bumper. Sounds like its coming from the shocks. Will make sure this weekend. I will still spray them just to be sure.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i have to spray the shackle pivot points as well. they like to squeek
Old 05-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerysan View Post
I can assure you its not the leafs. I crawled underneath and had someone push down on the bumper. Sounds like its coming from the shocks. Will make sure this weekend. I will still spray them just to be sure.
Do that again , but this time rest your hand on the top of the leaf pack , if it's the leafs binding you can kinda feel it when the squeak happens .
Old 05-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tip, will do this weekend and spray the shackles with white lithium.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
blitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the roughblitton08 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
blitton08's Tacoma Gallery
This happened to me ... i just WD40 everything and then jumped up and down in the bed until it stopped squeaking. I looked like an idiot but it no longer squeaks.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #10
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
So, I sprayed all the leafs pretty heavily with Dupont Dry Teflon, the same as I use on my uniballs and all the squeaks went away. Now I have a new sound coming that I cant figure out. I only hear it when the truck rocks going over bumps at an angle. Its not a creak or squeak, sounds more like a thump. I also re-tightened my bed bolts which they were loose, cleared my bed and took off my hitch receiver ball to try to isolate the noise. Any ideas/input will help.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I have become an expert at ignoring the noises my Coma makes. Pretty much all the noises are from the rear. I did make an attempt once. I think it mostly went away for a day or two then came back like they always do. Life is too short to chase noises in a 4x4 truck.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #12
jerysan's Tacoma Gallery
Did further diagnostic and found my lower ball joints were torn at the boot. When I drive at low speeds through rough terrain, I hear like a clunk noise. Need to verify to make sure. Sounds like something might be loose on the front suspension, either the A-arm or something but I can't pinpoint it. Right now, I'm trying to find aftermarket ball joints just in case.