1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best option for leaf TSB?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by RubberTank, May 15, 2012.

1. May 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    RubberTank

RubberTank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Thousand oaks, CA
    So I bought my 07 TRD Sport over a year ago with 49K miles on it. I Have recently been using my truck a lot for work and I really would like to be able to haul more without the rear bottoming out. So i understand I am past my warranty. If I take it into Toyota and complain will the fix it for free or half price? If I do have to pay is it worth the money?

I dont have too much $$ to spend right now cause I just got myself some new rims.

2. May 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    You have to be under warranty for the rear leaf tsb. I'm guessing for any tsb for that matter.

3. May 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    do a search for 4WD's post "Tacoma leaf spring refurbishing". As Wolfpack mentioned, 4WD (Doug) will fit you with a excellent set of rear leaf springs.

4. May 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM
    mick478

mick478 He is The STig

Member:
    First Name:
    Bott
    Stockton, CACA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD Sport, 4x4 doublemint cab
    Ome 885 coils Ome n9000 front shocks Ome n182 rear shocks K&n drop in filter Duratracs Kenwood kac 90210d Kicker 12" Alpine 800 watt 4 channel Pioneer 430w 6x9 Firestone ride rite air springs
    I had a 09 that I put the tsb on, and it helped a lot, but just going camping it would still bottom out, my solution: air bags. U can set them for lift (at a ride sacrifice) and once they are broken in they ride just as nice. Now that I have moved on to a v6 double cab that I tow more on, I still haven't needed to go to the dealer and cry beg or whatever for some springs. It would help but try air bags, I chose the Firestone ride rite, took about an hour to install, all bolt on. Cost around 300 if I remember right, u can even pump them up past 50 psi (recOmended top pressure) with a bike pump. I chose Firestone because they mount right to the spring pack mount, there was another brand for cheaper that actually mounted behind the mount to the spring, I didn't really like that, I can take Pics if u wanna see and don't want to do a search

Products Discussed in

To Top