Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL Install help...

Old 12-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
AAL Install help...

Can someone help me out a bit? I'm going to install my 2" AAL to the TSB spring pack, but have a couple of questions...

1. It looks like, once the AAL is compressed, it's gonna be too long, unless it goes inside the brackets (indicated by the red letter A). Is it supposed to go inside that bracket or is it supposed to stop before them? BTW, it doesn't matter which way I turn the AAL - it still looks like it will hit that bracket.

2. Will the AAL go in the spot indicated by the red line pointed to by the red letter B?

3. Chris4x4 mentioned once that if it's too long, I can just cut the end of the AAL off with an angle grinder. Does it matter if I lose the little rubber spacer at the end if I have to cut it off?

Thanks! And Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It does go inbetween the overload leaf, and the main leaves. "B" is correct placement. You can cut the AAL shorteto fit, but dont go too short. Keep it 1" from the bracket on the other leaves. The rubber peice should be able to be reattached. Take it off and see how it mounts to the AAL, then cut out a spot for it with your grinder. Toytec also sells an AAL for use with the TSB springs, if you want to return the AAL, and go with theirs.