1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AAL Install help...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by LonghornTaco, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Dec 25, 2008 at 1:35 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Can someone help me out a bit? I'm going to install my 2" AAL to the TSB spring pack, but have a couple of questions...

1. It looks like, once the AAL is compressed, it's gonna be too long, unless it goes inside the brackets (indicated by the red letter A). Is it supposed to go inside that bracket or is it supposed to stop before them? BTW, it doesn't matter which way I turn the AAL - it still looks like it will hit that bracket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Will the AAL go in the spot indicated by the red line pointed to by the red letter B?

[​IMG]

3. Chris4x4 mentioned once that if it's too long, I can just cut the end of the AAL off with an angle grinder. Does it matter if I lose the little rubber spacer at the end if I have to cut it off?

Thanks! And Merry Christmas!! :)

2. Dec 25, 2008 at 2:47 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    It does go inbetween the overload leaf, and the main leaves. "B" is correct placement. You can cut the AAL shorteto fit, but dont go too short. Keep it 1" from the bracket on the other leaves. The rubber peice should be able to be reattached. Take it off and see how it mounts to the AAL, then cut out a spot for it with your grinder. Toytec also sells an AAL for use with the TSB springs, if you want to return the AAL, and go with theirs.

3. Dec 25, 2008 at 4:07 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco [OP] Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    They started offering the TSB AAL about 2 weeks after I bought my AAL and I just never sent it back. Not sure they'd swap it for me or not, but I'll contact them and see...

I ended up abandoning the AAL install for now and just installed the rear 5100s. Looking forward to seeing how it rides. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top