Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Front End Popping.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #41
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose1988 View Post
Check your shocks lower eyelet bushings. Mine were destroyed and were casuing the clunk
I was looking at those earlier today and they appeared fine. They have only been on the truck for 15K so far. I never had the clunk before I changed the suspension. I guess I will just have to wait until this weekend to find out.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #42
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Hit your lower control arm cam nuts with a torque wrench set at 100ftlbs, then check the rest of your suspension for proper torque.

Thanks! I was having all kinds of popping after an alignment. I guess they didnt torque the LCA bolts down, cause that fixed it for me.

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #43
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Nearly 6 months later, I still have the noise. No amount of tightening or adjusting has remedied this sound for me. However, I think I may have located what is causing the sound. Again, I have Eibach coils with 5100's at 0.85" and the sound seems like it's coming from the driver's side which has a 0.25" lean spacer added in. I'm thinking some of these impact's are causing some chattering between the Coilover, spacer, and coil bucket. I'm going to take it apart in a few weeks when I have time and see if that's the issue.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #44
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Throw a go pro in there. Record it and see.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #45
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for having same issue. And pictures for your enjoyment because we all like pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Front End Popping.-img_0821.jpg   Front End Popping.-img_0837.jpg   Front End Popping.-img_0825.jpg   Front End Popping.-img_0835.jpg   Front End Popping.-img_0851.jpg  

Old 01-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #46
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
Thanks! I was having all kinds of popping after an alignment. I guess they didnt torque the LCA bolts down, cause that fixed it for me.

Thanks!

I've been getting a nasty popping sound when turning ever since my recent alignment. I'm hoping this is the problem/solution. Going to craw underneath tomorrow and torque them down.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #48
SLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to beholdSLACK3R is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
SLACK3R's Tacoma Gallery
Subed
Old 04-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #49
kev6216 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
kev6216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by asolo View Post
Didn't put the trim packer or the sway bar relocate and I DID notice that it comes very close to the shock. I may do this before my off-road trip in july.

I jacked up the truck, let the truck down real fast to get some rebound with no results. I then got under it and grabbed the sway bar and pulled and pushed real hard. Got it to creak/pop. UCA bolt was slightly loose. I already checked them!!!!!! Anyway, went driving and no noise! I can't believe a slightly loose UCA bolt was making all the noise!

Anyway, lesson learned. Check and re-check.

Thanks very much for the feedback guys.
Any idea how I know what the UCA bolt is? I'm not really sure what I'm looking at but I have the same noise.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #50
Jamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJamart5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jamart5's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having the same issue I have the Bilsteins and Eibach coils set at .85. Added a top 1/2 spacer and recently started to do a popping noise when I go over small bumps but on the road its fine. I have stock UCA's should I recheck all my bolts to see if this is my problem also do I need a sway bar relocate kit?