Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL question??

Old 12-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
basktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nice

basktaco's Tacoma Gallery
AAL question??

hey guys, i decided not to get the ome lift for a while. my truck already has a 2.5 inch leveling kit. anyways my question for you guys is: if i put in an add a leaf do you guys think i would look good or would it rake it to the front? let me know guys.

thanx in advance
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
It would probably rake it a 1" or 1.5". But I dont think it would look that bad.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
It would probably rake it a 1" or 1.5". But I dont think it would look that bad.
+1
Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
basktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nicebasktaco is just really nice

you guys think it is worth a shot???
Old 12-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #6

no nuebs i havent had it done, and i am not gonna lie i dont even really know what it is? a little help maybe??
Old 12-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by basktaco View Post
no nuebs i havent had it done, and i am not gonna lie i dont even really know what it is? a little help maybe??
toyota will replace your rear springs....3 pack to a 4 pack, if you complain of a harsh ride. im not sure if they have added 08's to the tsb list or not, but you can always print out the tsb and take it in and see what they say. tell them you bottom out with not too much weight in the bed.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #8

where do i get the tsb at??
Old 12-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
where do i get the tsb at??
here ya go...........all the tsb's are found here......

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Old 12-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #10

thanks man
Old 12-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #11

Quote:
thanks man
no prob
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #12

sorry to bug u again, but one last question. i just print that 16 page tsb out and take it to the dealership and they should fix it?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #13

Quote:
sorry to bug u again, but one last question. i just print that 16 page tsb out and take it to the dealership and they should fix it?
you need to print the tsb for the "harsh ride", and them fixing it isnt guaranteed. you may need to put some weight in the bed to prove it to them. hopefully though...they will not argue about it.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #14

k thanks again
Old 12-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 99 so I guess I am Sh*t out of luck
Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 AM   #16
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you have not had the TSB done and you add the AAL for trucks without the TSB you will be effectively adding a 2" lift to the rear.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

Depending on where your truck sits right now, I am guessing that adding the AAL will give you back some rake. Probably something similar to stock where the rear is 1" higher than the front. I would say go for it. You can always take the AAL out if you are not happy with it. (It is not a very difficult job)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeysuncle View Post
I have a 99 so I guess I am Sh*t out of luck
I think so.... but you can always buy and AAL for pretty cheap