Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

billy 5100s question

Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
billy 5100s question

so if i buy the billy 1500...they can adjust to 2.5 inches? have any of you done this? and with that being said my truck will be 2.5 inches lifted in the front?
Old 12-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
the 5100s can. yes, and correct.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
so if i buy the billy 1500...they can adjust to 2.5 inches? have any of you done this? and with that being said my truck will be 2.5 inches lifted in the front?
I had mine at that setting prior to the coilovers. It'll be 2.5" in the front.
Before with TSB:

After:
Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Yes. And Yes. They are great shocks, adjustable height, and ride great. And they are extremely cheap. GET EM.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Thats how i role homie 2.5" im getting the conversion kit from toytec adjustable coilovers here i come.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
the 5100's are good shocks. they're valved so that when you lift them they don't ride like shit. i have mine set on 1.85" and they ride better than stock with a little extra travel, but i wouldn't really recommend them if you do any serious wheeling. but if you see mostly pavement and you only wheel every now and then they're an excellent choice. that's just my two cents.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I've got the 'steins set at 2.5". Rides remarkably better than stock even with it lifted. Get 'em.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
yea it looks like this!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just put the 5100's on today with the Toytec adjustable coil kit, rides awesome, Right now its set to level my truck with the rear leaf TSB, I may go up to a full 3" tomorrow If I need the room for my new tires. So far I love the way it looks and rides.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #10
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrjohnson View Post
I had mine at that setting prior to the coilovers. It'll be 2.5" in the front.
Before with TSB:

After:
city heights? haha
Old 12-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #11
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
so if i get those and adjust em to 2.5 i dont need the spacer i have now on my stock billys right
Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #12
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
city heights? haha
North Park. Between University and El Cajon overlooking I-805.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #13

Quote:
so if i get those and adjust em to 2.5 i dont need the spacer i have now on my stock billys right
That's correct.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
haha it looked familiar to me too
Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
the nutty P's...northpark

what if i put the spacer in? with the height at 2.5 would it fuck something up
Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #16
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
youll need upper control arms. The alignment will be off
Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #17
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
x2 not only becuz of the alignment. if you don't it will bind the shit out of your stockers.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #19
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. ^^^ So what did the whole thing run you? Billys,Uca's, and the Toytec kit? I have an 09 am I eligable for the rear tsb. Ive got an 09 taco dc 4wd v6 plain jane not the trd.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #20

Quote:
the nutty P's...northpark

what if i put the spacer in? with the height at 2.5 would it fuck something up
You can't use the spacers with the Bilsteins set at 2.5. I think you can if you put them at stock height, but why? Save your pennies for the coilovers and UCAs.