1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What all do I need?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Lil'Taco, May 28, 2012.

1. May 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    Lil'Taco

Lil'Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    I got some new wheels and tires for my truck and haven't done a lift yet so they are rubbing when I go more then about 1 1/2 turns of the wheel. So I want to do no more then 3" lift. I would like to go with some 2.0 Fox coilovers and something in the rear to level it out, maybe the leaf pack.

Problem is I thought there was a list of parts you need to do the lift but can't find it. If there is already a list a link to it would be fine, other wise can someone through together a quick list of parts I need to buy?

I want to do the lift right, Which Leaf pack levels out the truck best with around 2.5-3" of front lift, All Pro 3" leaf pack or OME 2.5" Dakar leaf pack? If I go with the OME I need to get shocks separately too right, maybe a u-bolt flip kit? I was thinking of going with All Pro, If I get the 2.0 fox coilovers does that come with everything I need for the front? Do I NEED to get UCAs?

I have 2wd and right now only use it as light off road and road driving but would like to do more "prerunning" type trails without going LT quite yet.

2. May 28, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you are 2wd Id get spindles.

That said, to fit 2.5-3" front lift and level rear in a currewithout preloading runnging 33"x11.5" or larger tires you need...

Coilovers, OME 885x with trim kit and spacers, or OME 886 with trim kit.
    You WILL need UCA with 3" lift.
    New wheels or spacers for propper offset
    BAMF cab mount chop plates
    Rear axle relocation plate
    1.5" progressive add a leaf (or any spring set or add a leaf with 1.5-2" lift)
    Longer rear shocks

The axle relocate gives 3/8" lift. It can be combined with ubolt flip but ubolt flip is not required.

Allignment with caster OVER 3 DEGRRES. If you don't do this your front wheel will sit too far in the rear of the wheel and rub cab mounts post chop. Or you can use Light Racing UCA and set them for +1 degree uca added caster instead of the +2 all the uniball uca give you.

You will not need rear brake lines for a 1.5" add a leaf. Taller leaf packs may require it but rear will be higher than front.

You will need the OME carrier bearing drop. If you want to do shims Id look into a custom 2 degree axle relocate shim combo. Id not want to stack shims with the relocate plate.

3. May 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    BTO

BTO Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Silver PR DC AT SR5 TP LSD
    Bilstein 5100s front, Adjustable Ranchos rear.
    If he is only getting minor rubbing on the back of the tire then can't he simply adjust the LCAs for max caster and be done?

4. May 31, 2012 at 5:55 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    You have to adjust for max caster AFTER the cab mount chop. And you still need to cut fender liner, fender flare, some fender metal, and hammer the pinch weld. I just went through all this... 5 cutting/trimming sessions, 2 alignments, and countless hours of work to make my front tires fit and not rub. Mostly because people on this forum are not honest about what it takes to fit a large 285 tire. You will rub on compression when the wheel is at various stages of turning if you don't do it right.

5. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM
    Lil'Taco

Lil'Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    Alright so if I were to go with the spindles and a standard all pro leaf pack, what else do I need to be looking for to make it all go together nice and smooth? Probably new shock for the rear with the leaf pack. anything else?

6. Jun 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Brake lines might be needed up front. Dont know much about spindles being 4x4 myself. Certain to need rear shocks.

Products Discussed in

To Top