Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

alighment issues w/ ICON C/O, Camburg UCA & spindles?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
alighment issues w/ ICON C/O, Camburg UCA & spindles?

Quick question, And I don't see why I'd have any problems getting it aligned BUT...

Right now I currently have Dr/ICON coilovers (maxed out pretty much) and Camburg UCA's. The plan is to add the spindles and take the coilovers down to NO preload.

Question is: Will I have any issues aligning the front end at all?

Thanks!
Shane

EDIT:

in post #15
"He explained that because the Camburg UCAs are longer, the're designed to compensate for the "droop" that's created when you use coilovers to lift the truck. So when I add the spindles and "lower" the coilovers back to ZERO PRELOAD (stock height), i'll end up with positive camber due to the longer UCAs sitting level instead of pointing downward.

Does that make sense? it does since he went over it again with me LOL So guess now the only way to get what i'm looking for (4" of lift and good alignment) is to go back to stock UCAs or stock length UCAs then install the Spindles... "
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
no you wont, you should get a amazing alignment
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The spindles will not make getting an alignment any more difficult.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I didn't think so but for some reason... My buddy told me that I might have issues with camber.. I said everything should align like stock but the wheels be pushed down 4". I'm right... Right?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
^^^ I didn't think so but for some reason... My buddy told me that I might have issues with camber.. I said everything should align like stock but the wheels be pushed down 4". I'm right... Right?
You are right
Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Im having problems with the alignment... I hope its just the shop...

Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ What's your setup?
Old 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i had a perfect talignment before a offroading trip.....no the shop cant get me above -1.7 camber........my wheels look like ( / \ )
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
You wont have issue. I have Icons, Built right and Camburg. No issues at all.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec coilovers ( eibach springs and 5100's) and total chaos UCA'S ....

Edit: and maxtrac Spindles.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
think the spindles is what's causing it?
Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #12

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
I took the truck into an alignment shop and they said they are ok and shouldn't prematurely wear the tires...
Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
I took the truck into an alignment shop and they said they are ok and shouldn't prematurely wear the tires...
well yours look worse than mine......but my numbers are worse im going to replace the lca
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #14
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running Camburg spindles with stock UCA's and stock coilovers. Was able to reach 0 Camber .03 toe and 2.2 Castor
Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Ok I spoke to my buddy again.. he explained it a little better... I'm guessing the reason why you were able to reach 0 camber was because of your UCAs and them being stock.

He explained that because the Camburg UCAs are longer, the're designed to compensate for the "droop" that's created when you use coilovers to lift the truck. So when I add the spindles and "lower" the coilovers back to ZERO PRELOAD (stock height), i'll end up with positive camber due to the longer UCAs sitting level instead of pointing downward.

Does that make sense? it does since he went over it again with me LOL So guess now the only way to get what i'm looking for (4" of lift and good alignment) is to go back to stock UCAs or stock length UCAs then install the Spindles...
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
U should end up adding negative camber by lowering the coils and giving u back more adjustment
wouldn't I end up with positive camber due to the longer uppers?
Old 06-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #18

yes
Old 06-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
Desert Warrior

Air Force:
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
I just called Camburg and they said that the lowest i'd be able to take the coilovers down to would be 1" and that I should still be good to get it aligned... that would still put me up at around 5" of lift.. :/
Old 06-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX RPO View Post
I just called Camburg and they said that the lowest i'd be able to take the coilovers down to would be 1" and that I should still be good to get it aligned... that would still put me up at around 5" of lift.. :/
rcfreak has the camburg spindles and camburg uca....he has like zero preload in the front......didnt look like he had mega posotive camber