Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Leaf Springs

Old 12-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
OME Leaf Springs

So I've hit a brick wall on my quest for some good rear leafs. I've found a pair of OME leafs that I am sure would be quality springs, but their site does not give much detail as to what they are. A few months back i stumbled upon some Deaver leafs that are just what i was looking for. The thing is, these leaf packs are 600 bucks a pair, and if i can spend my money more wisely I would much rather do so.

I am on my way to getting rid of a bike, and have decided on replacing the front and rear suspension. I'm pretty sure I've settled on the Icons up front. Now i need to find something that will compliment them in the rear. This thing isn't going to be running anything extreme, but i also wouldn't mind being able to blaze down a bumpy trail at around 40 or 50 mph without loosing control because im riding a rock.

The OME springs look like a great deal, but the last thing i want to do is stiffen up the rear. I am looking for something that can have as little as zero load capacity and all the flex you could ever want. If anybody has some expertise in this area, or just their 2 cents to throw at me I would appreciate it!

Link to the deaver springs...
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
That Deaver 10 leaf has some great reviews from the people I have seen that run them.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Deavers will ride like butta!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #4
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
It sounds like you don't want OME, they will firm up the back end. They increase load carrying a bunch.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Good Info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
That Deaver 10 leaf has some great reviews from the people I have seen that run them.
I've read the same on some other forums. I really like how they have the teflon strips between each leaf to prevent any nasty noises and make them glide on top of eachother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
It sounds like you don't want OME, they will firm up the back end. They increase load carrying a bunch.
Good to know, if thats the case, its for sure not what i was looking.
The price sure was right though!

Looks like my pocket book is about to take a hit!!
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 AM   #7
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
I'll be removing the overload leaf & using these.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post

Seems like a good alternative to spending an stout 600 bucks.

Do these guys have some pretty good flex to them also? Havent heard anything about the 3 leaf Add-a-leaf from anyone that has used them yet.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #9
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Seems like a good alternative to spending an stout 600 bucks.

Do these guys have some pretty good flex to them also? Havent heard anything about the 3 leaf Add-a-leaf from anyone that has used them yet.
Haven't installed them yet.Hopefully in the next 1-2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
rich ,
You may need to add a 1" block to those if you remove the OL Leaf to regain the lost lift. Also, you might have to get creative with the clamps that hold the leaves together. some these AAL packs are not designed to work with the TSB spring pacs and thier clamps get in the way. I know that is true with the IVD 3 leaf AAL's. But they flex just fine. { I don't plan on adding a block.I should be sitting .5" over where i'm at now.That's all i'm looking for.(with better flex) About the clamps,yeah,i remember you telling me about it.I'll keep my fingers crossed.