Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

do i need longer shocks

Old 06-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
do i need longer shocks

im putting a doestch shacle lift on my 95 5 lug and im wondering if the stock shocks can handle the 3 inch lift?
also do i need extended brake lines?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You might max those stockers out...may be a good idea to upgrade to some Bilstein 5100s.

Someone else will chime in
Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
anyone?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Time for 5125s. Not sure about the brake line on a 1st gen.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
8.5 10 or 11 inch? i read somewhere the stock shocks are 8.5 so i would want the 11s? could i run it as a dd for a couple weeks before i replace the shocks?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Are you SUA or SOA ?? I think 5 luggers were both for certain years, if spring over axle you'll def. need ext. shocks , probably ext. brakeline too..
Old 06-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
SUA. these would work right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bilstein-512...fd60b4&vxp=mtr
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post

Call that number in my sig pic (Down South MotorSports) & ask Sonny or Marco, not sure on the length you mention but def. 5125 series, they can be in many custom lengths.

You'll have to give them measurements but... HEY ! You live in Lakeside ? As in 92040 Lakeside ?? Shit just drive down there & they'll def. set you up right !! Best vendor on this entire site too..
Old 06-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Call that number in my sig pic (Down South MotorSports) & ask Sonny or Marco, not sure on the length you mention but def. 5125 series, they can be in many custom lengths.

You'll have to give them measurements but... HEY ! You live in Lakeside ? As in 92040 Lakeside ?? Shit just drive down there & they'll def. set you up right !! Best vendor on this entire site too..
ok thanks yeah that lakeside on willow
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok thanks yeah that lakeside on willow

Nice... you go to El Crapitan huh ?? my graduating year was 1976

yeah, i'm old
Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice... you go to El Crapitan huh ?? my graduating year was 1976

yeah, i'm old
nope im homeschooled, it gives me more time to work on my truck.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #12
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nope im homeschooled, it gives me more time to work on my truck.

Shit, back in my day if you were homeschooled it was only because you were expelled..haha

on willows huh ? before it turns to dirt ? towards El Monte park ?
Old 06-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shit, back in my day if you were homeschooled it was only because you were expelled..haha

on willows huh ? before it turns to dirt ? towards El Monte park ?
yeah right beore it turns to dirt,not really shure where el monte park is but i do know that the dirt road is a shortcut to el cap resivoure,(if you have decent suspension or just want to avoid lights) and i emailed down south motorsports (i dont really like to talk to people) so i hope ill have a reply by tuesday or so
Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #14
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah right beore it turns to dirt,not really shure where el monte park is but i do know that the dirt road is a shortcut to el cap resivoure,(if you have decent suspension or just want to avoid lights) and i emailed down south motorsports (i dont really like to talk to people) so i hope ill have a reply by tuesday or so

I've been in Lakeside since 1958 (3 months old) & yeah I know where your talking about, I worked at El Cap reservour for about 4 years.. I have friends that live at the end of that dirt road..

HA !, small world huh,

Anyway DSMS will take care of ya dude & welcome to TW.....
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #15
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been in Lakeside since 1958 (3 months old) & yeah I know where your talking about, I worked at El Cap reservour for about 4 years.. I have friends that live at the end of that dirt road..

HA !, small world huh,

Anyway DSMS will take care of ya dude & welcome to TW.....
ok thanks and i checked my email and they told me this,For a 3" lift in the rear of that vehicle you will generally use a 9" or
10" travel it depends on how fatigued your factory leafs are. For the
best fitment we suggest you install the shackles and then measure the
suspension at full droop to ensure you get the closest one available in
the 5125 series line. That vehicle is designed to take a shock about 1"
shorter on the driver side but using the universal 5125 you may have to
end up running the same length on both sides and just adjust your bump
stops accordingly so you do not bottom out the shock.
if i need anymore help ill probably just drop by the shop.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok thanks and i checked my email and they told me this,For a 3" lift in the rear of that vehicle you will generally use a 9" or
10" travel it depends on how fatigued your factory leafs are. For the
best fitment we suggest you install the shackles and then measure the
suspension at full droop to ensure you get the closest one available in
the 5125 series line. That vehicle is designed to take a shock about 1"
shorter on the driver side but using the universal 5125 you may have to
end up running the same length on both sides and just adjust your bump
stops accordingly so you do not bottom out the shock.
if i need anymore help ill probably just drop by the shop.
Really ? huh ...I did not know that even the SUA 5 luggers were side specific like a regular 1st gen.

If you need leaf spring help let me know bro'....I may be able to help...

Those guys at DSMS are great....
Old 06-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really ? huh ...I did not know that even the SUA 5 luggers were side specific like a regular 1st gen.

If you need leaf spring help let me know bro'....I may be able to help...

Those guys at DSMS are great....
ok thanks i might because the spring right now is flat almost frowning