Notices

picking a coilover

Old 12-30-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
go big or go home
tacoman316 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Machinery technicion 3rd class
tacoman316's Tacoma Gallery
picking a coilover

Hey guys i am looking at getting a lift but dont know what route to go with I was thinking about billys, but then starrted looking at coilovers bot those are really high. I am going for looks and performance. I was really looking at getting billys all the way around and getting OME medium coils for the front and an AAL for the rear. I was also looking at walker evans and swayaway coilover and shocks. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I have a 08 tacoma d cab 2wd 4.0 V6 automatic. not going with a 6" lift only a 3".

Thanks guys
Old 12-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
dude there is a thread asking this same thing like 5 minutes ago... But im not an asshole, and I wont tell you to search before posting a common question, no i wont do that, instead I will just hint at it and answer your question at the same time:

Get Icon or Camburg coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, and Alcan or Deaver Leaf pack in the rear.

You will spend around $2500 and have a sick setup and you will be happy as hell.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
dude there is a thread asking this same thing like 5 minutes ago... But im not an asshole, and I wont tell you to search before posting a common question, no i wont do that, instead I will just hint at it and answer your question at the same time:

Get Icon or Camburg coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, and Alcan or Deaver Leaf pack in the rear.

You will spend around $2500 and have a sick setup and you will be happy as hell.
x2. i've got the camburg coilovers and UCAs and will be getting the deaver leaf pack in the future. i am very happy with it, it was well worth the money!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What Silver said was good info. And while I have no experience with those parts, I hear nothing but good things about them. But another option is ToyTec coilovers (5100s with eibach springs), Total Chaos UCAs and an AAL for the rear.

That's what I'm running and I think it cost around $1800 total (installed it myself) and I love the ride! A little stiffer than stock (to be expected), but not harsh at all!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
You wheel hard or mostly play on pavement? If offroad, crawling or high-speed wheeling? Intended use will dictate what equipment would best suit your needs.