Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaf Spring Questions

Old 06-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Brettster56 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Brettster56's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Leaf Spring Questions

I have a new 2012 Tacoma 4x4 access cab 4 cyl 5 speed. Taking my truck in to the dealer on Thursday to have them look at the leaf springs. Mine has 3. I want the fourth one. They said that the service notice was for older trucks... but will look at it. One question I have is will installing the fourth one make my truck ride worse or stiffer on the highway in unloaded conditions? It sounds like the dealer is going to be a pain getting this done...
Old 06-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It barely feels stiffer.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It barely feels stiffer.
That's what she said.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
That's what she said.
That's why they invented the little blue pill. Not that I need it yet.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Brettster56 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
Brettster56's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I guess I'll insist that they do it
Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettster56 View Post
Thanks I guess I'll insist that they do it

It seems lately (the last year or so ) Dealerships have been harder to deal with in regards to the spring TSB (personally, this should've ceased to be an issue years ago) & I'm not 100% sure but I think the 4th leaf was for Canadian trucks, may have changed tho'...
Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Are you bottoming out easily or having a "harsh" ride? I so, you'll have to prove it! Get new leafs and sell the stockers for some cash!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Are you bottoming out easily or having a "harsh" ride? I so, you'll have to prove it!
Correct. You have to go in and say the right thing. You have to say "It's bottoming out when I carry a load and it's causing a harsh ride." It would help if you can show them how the bump stops have hit the leafs. If your bump stops are clean that may indicate you are fibbing.