1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I need you opinions/recommendations PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by whitetaco02, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Jun 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM
    whitetaco02

whitetaco02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4
    Tinted windows, stainless steel drop hitch, rear TSB, Marathon seat covers in Realtree AP camo, low profile chrome toolbox, husky liners front and back, debadged
    About two years I got the rear leaf TSB done to my Tacoma and as a result it has given me quite a "rake" type look. I am going to attach a pic of my truck to show you all what my truck looks like. Well, with Father's Day coming up my wife told me to order my lift so I ordered the Bilsteins 5100's from DSM and will be shipped tomorrow. :D

Here is my dilemma:
    I am contemplating just going with the front set at 1.75 and leaving the rear alone so I can level it out. I am currently running 265/75/16 Duratracs and to be honest with you I do NOT see myself going any bigger.

Do you think I will regret not going with the 2.5 up front and the 1.5 aal for the rear tsb leafs?

The only reason I would need to go that high would be to clear 285's and I do not see myself doing that. I also don't want any issues with vibrations, cv angle issues, or anything else for that matter.:p

I am also going to go with 16x8 Pro Comp 7089's or the Moto Metal 951's in a 16x8. From what I understand I have to go with a 4.5 backspacing, correct? I am also going to get the new lugs from Wheelers Offroad. Please help me if I am wrong. I plan on ordering these at the end of the summer or sooner!! :eek:

Here is my truck:
    [​IMG]

2. Jun 10, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    Canazes9

Canazes9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '07 Dbl Cab TRD Sport / '12 Dbl Cab Offroad
    I don't think you will regret going w/ 1.75" lift and leveling it out. I've got two trucks set-up that way with 5100's, my son's '07 Sport and my '12 OR. I don't have TSB on either of my trucks, have air bags instead (I tow stuff - the '07 was mine previously...).

On my '12, instead of setting the 5100's at 1.75", I set them at 0" and added the Eibach coils from Toytec and their 1/4" driver side spacer to level out the Taco lean. After running both trucks, same height side by side over various stuff, I REALLY regret not getting the Eibach's for my son's truck when I did it! The ride is better and it takes big hits noticeably better than the 5100's on set at 1.75".

The Eibachs are supposed to provide 1.6" lift on the DCSB w/ the 5100's set at 0", but they actually measure a tiny bit (1/8") taller than the 5100's set at 1.75". May be slight tire size difference (265/75R16 vs 265/70R17) and the springs may still settle more over time.

HTH

David

3. Jun 10, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Just set them at the 1.75" you mentioned & leave the rear alone & you'll be fine... no dilema....;)

Products Discussed in

To Top