Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Deaver J66 vs. Allpro Standard

Old 06-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Deaver J66 vs. Allpro Standard

which would be the better leaf spring performance wise? this would be coupled with a king resi, with little to no load on the bed.

I searched, and couldnt find a comparison thread

I understand the allpro can give up to 3" of lift, as the Deaver goes for 1.5". my main concern is the sag, which would sag first given that I dont have any heavy loads, generally? I want something better than my soon to be shite non tsb springs.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, can owners of the j66 or all pro stds chime in then on their experiences, likes/dislikes of either setup?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Deavers are well known for sagging after lots of flexing and high speed cycling.....this is just what I've gathered through a few years of research. In general, a SOA sucks balls and will have sagging issues with heavy enough use! With a 2.5" rear shock and legit bumps preventing bottoming out and negative arch, deavers would be one hell of a smooth ride....basically between the two, pick your desired lift height!

That being said, I'm running the AP standards and they kick ass! I prob got closer to 2.5" of lift as they were already used! I actually think these are the perfect springs for the rear of these trucks and even with my front set at 2.5-3" they still look good! They have a ton of flex and at high speed they're pretty impressive for still just having a 5100 in the back! My plan to enhance the performance is the same as above....2.5" resi shock and a bump stop!

With only 1-1.5" lift the deavers give and known sagging issues, I just couldn't pull the trigger for that price!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I keep going back to this thread, and am convinced that I'll probably go this route, since I think I have a leg up already on the shock size(2.5" kings!). that paired with the SUA, should be a good start for some decent speed stuff. I'm not concerned too much on articulation or lift(as SOA typically provides to achieve wheel travel).

Think I'll just run the king shock in the rear until I save enough for the SUA kit