Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

still confused

Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
nuckin futs member
RIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stefan
RIDDICK3's Tacoma Gallery
still confused

ok, so i wanna get rid of my damn puck lift and blocks in the back that the guy before me put on. An i was wondering if i could achieve a 2.5 inch lift with some billy 5100 set at 2.5 while using the stock coils or would i have to buy new ones. and if that is possible what would be the best aal to get to make it level? thanks any help would be appreciated
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
This is from the tabs at the top of the page. Enjoy.

Frank
Old 06-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDICK3 View Post
ok, so i wanna get rid of my damn puck lift and blocks in the back that the guy before me put on. An i was wondering if i could achieve a 2.5 inch lift with some billy 5100 set at 2.5 while using the stock coils or would i have to buy new ones. and if that is possible what would be the best aal to get to make it level? thanks any help would be appreciated
Might as well keep the spacers if your going to pre-load the coils again!

Best thing to do is replace the coils with a longer one (Toytec or OME) and set the 5100 as low as possible to achieve your desired lift/ride!

Having run spacers and toytecs previously.....my vote is just do it right and get some legit coilovers! They ride UNBELIEVABLE, even on road man, no shit! These trucks should have just come with some Fox's or Icon's as they ride way smoother than any shock Toyota could come up with!

For as much as you'd pay for new springs and shocks, might as well spend a little more and get coilovers that were designed to do the job we're asking of these trucks! No shit....pot holes, speed bumps and uneven surfaces in the road just disappear with a quality coilover and Icon's in particular get softer with speed so hwy driving on ugly ass roads become a dream....don't even get me going on off-road conditions.....

Good luck brother!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
nuckin futs member
RIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what about the rear? what kind of leafs do i need?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Ya, a single aal will be stiffer and better suited for weight while a progressive 3 leaf aal will be smoother/softer in general and more "offroad" specific!

In my experience aal suck as I'be been through two packs and don't beat my truck THAT hard, lol! Replacing the leafs with a new pack is the best route!

Options:

Deavers - 1-1.5" lift, soft and smooth but will sag with time and wont carry weight!

OME Dakars - Great leafs but with 2 overloads they won't do well in speed conditions and/or speed bumps will rock your ass (not a good combo with a smooth front end)...ideal for expedition rigs and flex!

All Pro - The standards give 2.5-3" lift and are a GREAT all around leaf pack.....tons of flex and match the smoothness of the front end coilovers to the T! The AP expos are the same just 20% increased spring rate to handle 300+lbs of gear! Will give 4" of lift unloaded but loaded will be similar to the standards! With a high end 2.5" rear shock and good bump stops these leafs could keep up with SUA trucks (if tuned right)!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
nuckin futs member

OK so i'v decided that i am going to buy some ome 885x coils with billy 5100's set at 0 and get billys for the back as well. now I do a lot of heavy loads with dirt and towing a trailer with 2, 4 wheelers. what would you sudjust for the best ride leaf springs? i want it to match i front in height
Old 06-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK so i'v decided that i am going to buy some ome 885x coils with billy 5100's set at 0 and get billys for the back as well. now I do a lot of heavy loads with dirt and towing a trailer with 2, 4 wheelers. what would you sudjust for the best ride leaf springs? i want it to match i front in height
OME Dakars
Old 06-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #8

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Agreed......or expos but you'll have some rake!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
nuckin futs member

whats rake?
Old 06-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
whats rake?
Rear higher than the front
Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
nuckin futs member

oh well could i set the billys higher to adjust for that?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt preload the 885 by moving the Bilsteins up.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith Stone
MXscott14's Tacoma Gallery
1-800-ASK-GARY