LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

coilovers AND spacers

Old 06-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: ADRIEL
yotanation29's Tacoma Gallery
coilovers AND spacers

right now im running 3' icon extended travel coilovers on my 98 taco, but now i want it to be a little bit higher, but my icons are awesome so could i maybe use regular spacers to get that extra inch/inch and a half of lift? i know itll fit, the real question is will it affect the ride and performance or would it just be best to get new higher coilovers?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If your coils are cranked all the way up, it might be time for new coils (not knowing how old they are). Personally, I wouldn't stack lifts, maybe look into taller coils and I'm not sure at what point you'll have issues with a 1st Gen and require a drop bracket style lift. Also, over 3" of lift your CV joints will hate you assuming you have a 4x4, unless you're considering going with a drop bracket lift.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
well i got all pro upper a arms right now and the lift isnt all the way up, it goes up to 3.5" but i figured cranking it all the way up would only make it worse if i stack lifts. and theyre fairly new, less than a year of use
Old 06-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
why not just crank them up a little bit and call it good? i wouldn't put spacers with that nice lift
Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
3 inch lift up front is MAX without going to a drop bracket lift. Unless you want to replace CV axles often...

If you really want another inch or so, look at a 1-2 inch body lift.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #6

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post
3 inch lift up front is MAX without going to a drop bracket lift. Unless you want to replace CV axles often...

If you really want another inch or so, look at a 1-2 inch body lift.
Thats a good idea, probably what I'll end up doing then