Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Temporary/Adjustable Lift?

Old 06-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Temporary/Adjustable Lift?

I use my truck for work, driving clients around, so I need to keep it "professional." However, I would like to lift it slightly.

Are there any options that allow me to have an adjustable lift? I have a second set of wheels and tires so I could have my "fun" set-up and my "professional" set-up.

I do have airbags in the rear for leveling the load, Firestone RideRite

2011 DCSB SR5 4x4

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Adjustable coilovers, such as Demello, SAW, or King are the easiest. Bilstein 5100s may also work.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
TW resident Camel
cjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shedcjasu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: CJ
cjasu's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah 5100s as khaos said
Old 06-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Uh, adjusting your suspension height via adjustable coilovers will throw your alignment out after every adjustment. Be prepared for that.

Otherwise, you'd need an pneumatic height-adjustable suspension, a lot like what the new Grand Cherokee has.

What's unprofessional about a truck with suspension lift? The people you're driving around are really that shallow?
Old 06-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Leave it stock.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #6
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
Do the 5100's and similar need to be removed and re-installed each time they are adjusted?

Thanks for the replies.

The unprofessional thing is lame. Yes, many of the people are shallow...
but it pays the bills and gives me time with my son.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Do the 5100's and similar need to be removed and re-installed each time they are adjusted?

Thanks for the replies.

The unprofessional thing is lame. Yes, many of the people are shallow...
but it pays the bills and gives me time with my son.
5100's Yes they do. Adjustable coilovers, no.