Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

mysterious lift?????

Old 12-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

darkturtleninja's Tacoma Gallery
Question mysterious lift?????

ok guys i recently had my taco at Burke Springs.... which is a local suspension shop... i had new springs put on the back to lower my truck because my back bumper was 39" from the ground and i was getting pulled over left and right.....

i was told that my front struts or whatever were worn out which would explain the deep creaking noise from the front when the suspension moves...that and it only moves if its forced.... if i put my weight on my brushguard the front sinks and stays... if i pull up on the brushguard the suspension goes up and stays.... anyhow i asked them for an estimate and they said he had never seen anything like the suspension and that they couldnt get the parts and wouldnt even know where to look....

i got the same story from the manager at the local autozone who happens to be a yoda owner...

the suspension appears to have no form of identification, as i have looked it up and down. no brandname or numbers of anysort.

also it appears that a crossmember on the frame has been hacked of and this one bolted on.

i know its hard to see and dagnose problems from a pic but if anyone can tell me anything about this suspension and if it can be fixed.

if it cant be fixed i will replace all of it but i need to know what i can do since none of it is stock.

if anyone knows anything or has any advice id appreciate it alot

thanks
-rogers aka darkturtleninja
Old 12-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
The 2nd pic is definitely a front differential drop, quite a large one at that too. The previous owner hacked the front cross member to do the drop, that's one of the disadvantages of doing one. Not sure of that other stuff going on in that 1st pic though.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
its a drop bracket lift but Ive never seen anything like it, at first I was thinking it was a tuff country drop bracket but im not sure
Old 12-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
uklnme is on a distinguished road
uklnme's Tacoma Gallery
That's a Trailmaster 6 inch lift.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #5
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Quote:
Originally Posted by uklnme View Post
X2!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

well i was told by many people that the paint job on the truck was about 10 years ago so im guessing that is around the timeframe that the lift and everything else was done. id like to kill the previous owners...lol.... everything on the truck was super gettorigged when i got it... im getting it to the place where im comfortable riding in it since i have been fixing or redoing everything correctly.... ive spent over $3500 in the last month replacing,fixing,and redoing everything....rearaxle,rear springs, cabmounts, bumpers, mudguards, fuelpump, maf sensor, various nuts and bolt... good god the total just keeps racking up.... its going to need a new clutch this summer, slips during semi-harsh takeoffs...... but yeah i want to get this front suspension taken care of and new shocks for the back....

oh and the other reason i want to kill the previous owner is.... that he drove the holy piss out of it.....
Old 12-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
9th level dungeon master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
Dude, that paint job looks like something from 1987! But, that truck has A LOT of potential if you have the time, resources and inclination to rehab it...

Interested to see where this one goes...
lol yeah its quite radical...lol... ill tell you what.... there isnt a person that i pass that doesnt stare and stare and stare...lol.... everyone that i talk to just loves it... lol its almost to the point where i want to repaint it...lol... which im going to have to because it needs alot of rust repair on the body.... however i am pleased to say that the frame is in excellent shape as far as i can tell.... plus it appears to be zbarted....yay.... anyhow im wanting to paint it black with lots and lots of goldflakes.... i want it to sparkle....lol
Old 12-31-2008, 06:29 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uklnme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4x4858 View Post
X2!
X3. Second strut gives it away.

OP, save some $$ and replace it.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
thats a trailmaster 6" lift for the first gen tacos i had one on my 99 with fox racing coilovers.