Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just a little more lift...

Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Jason
Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little more lift...

Ok, so I have 5100s and Eibach coils. The 5100s are set at .85 and for all intents and pourposes its supposed to give me 2.5-3" of lift. I havent taken measurements, but I am pretty sure it has "broken in" and I have lost some of that inital lift. This wouldnt matter much, but I am starting to rub, and unfortunately its not just plastic (Cab mount)

Now, on to my question.. Is there a safe, reliable way to get that little bit back? I remember reading somplace on here that you do not want to set the 5100s any higher then .85 with the coils, or you are basicly just using the shocks.

Any ideas?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
some 3/8 top plates might do the trick

IIRC the studs are m10x1.25, I just got three new nuts and some washers per side and I used a 1/2" top plate with stock studs and it gave me 1" lift with 886 coils.

You'll still rub the cab mount when you flex though.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
eibachs are scragged from the factory.........interesting.

def dont bump the 5100s up any higher with eibach tho, please.
Excuse my ignorance but what are the consequenses for doing so?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think you could possibly compress the coil too much and it'd basically hit itself. Aside from poor ride quality.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
at the least its gunna ride pretty rough, the shocks may not handle the added compression long term, ur completely going backwards in ur setup by preloading the hell out of lifting coils, ur lifetime warranty would be out the window..........but its ur truck and ur money.

I just cant suggest doing something that hasnt been given a green light from any seller of these products.
Got cha.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Still not worthy!
Sawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud ofSawick has much to be proud of

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
some 3/8 top plates might do the trick

IIRC the studs are m10x1.25, I just got three new nuts and some washers per side and I used a 1/2" top plate with stock studs and it gave me 1" lift with 886 coils.

You'll still rub the cab mount when you flex though.
I might look into getting some top plate spacers as you suggest!
I dont really go off roading much, right now I rub when making turns and hittin a bump of any size. I dont need a whole lot of lift I think, just something to get me up a tad more.

The shop I had my lift installed at didnt quite understand what I wanted at first, and actually set the 5100s to the max. What a harsh ride compaired to what it is now. I had it lowered to .85 after a quick test drive, lol.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
eibachs are scragged from the factory.........interesting.

def dont bump the 5100s up any higher with eibach tho, please.

Not sure what the deal is, I didnt really take good solid measurements so I could do a then and now. All I know is I started rubbing!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #8

I mentioned the studs as most people make you think you're gonna need new studs. I just replaced the nuts with some thinner nuts and some washers and I have a couple threads poking out the top, works for me and that's with 1/2" spacers. 3/8" should leave you plenty of room to work with. I imagine a 3/8 spacer will probably give you ~3/4" of lift.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
Still not worthy!

Sawick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I mentioned the studs as most people make you think you're gonna need new studs. I just replaced the nuts with some thinner nuts and some washers and I have a couple threads poking out the top, works for me and that's with 1/2" spacers. 3/8" should leave you plenty of room to work with. I imagine a 3/8 spacer will probably give you ~3/4" of lift.

Awesome info, thanks for the help!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:35 PM   #10
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know what you end up doing!

I've got the exact same setup and issues. Would like to get a full 3 inches of lift.