1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

It's down to two

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Alaskaflyer, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Dec 31, 2008 at 6:13 PM
    Alaskaflyer

Alaskaflyer [OP] My other ride Hovers

Member:
    Cape Cod, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner DC TRD Off Road
    OME 885 AAL, 2.5* shim, Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT KO 285/75/16, Spidertrax spacers, OME Shocks up front, Bilstein 5100 Shocks in back.
    Well after many hours of research I've narrowed down my lift options to two. I'm looking for anybody that has either of these set ups to please chime in and tell me what you like and dislike about your setup, and if anybody has experience with both which did you like better. My first option is The Toytec 885 lift with OME shocks up front (I already have Bilsteins for the rear) and Light racing UCA. My second option is the Coilover kit for the front bilsteins,(I understand this won't work with the TRD Bilsteins already on my truck, I have a set of the silver adjustable shocks already) AAL for the rear and light racing UCA's.

My truck is a 2008 Prerunner TRD offroad. Most of my offroading will be fire roads, no rock crawling and I don't plan on entering the Baja 500 anytime soon.

Thanks in advance

Gary

2. Dec 31, 2008 at 8:17 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    Go with the C/O's -- you'll end up saving money in the longrun. If you buy the 885s, you'll always want more... (I did at least...)

3. Jan 1, 2009 at 12:09 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I have the Light Racing UCAs and the Toytec adjustable coilover. I like everything so far. Be aware that it's possible to install the LR UCAs wrong. If you look at this picture notice the gold plate just under the control arm. The way it's set up here is backwards. The flat side of the plate should be facing the wheel whereas on the two pictures below, it's facing the coil. If it's set wrong, you won't get a good alignment out of it (camber will be off).
    These are set wrong:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is set correctly (the lettering is on the flat side of the plate, toward the wheel).
    UCAs.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top