Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

It's down to two

Old 12-31-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
It's down to two

Well after many hours of research I've narrowed down my lift options to two. I'm looking for anybody that has either of these set ups to please chime in and tell me what you like and dislike about your setup, and if anybody has experience with both which did you like better. My first option is The Toytec 885 lift with OME shocks up front (I already have Bilsteins for the rear) and Light racing UCA. My second option is the Coilover kit for the front bilsteins,(I understand this won't work with the TRD Bilsteins already on my truck, I have a set of the silver adjustable shocks already) AAL for the rear and light racing UCA's.

My truck is a 2008 Prerunner TRD offroad. Most of my offroading will be fire roads, no rock crawling and I don't plan on entering the Baja 500 anytime soon.

Thanks in advance

Gary
Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the C/O's -- you'll end up saving money in the longrun. If you buy the 885s, you'll always want more... (I did at least...)
Old 01-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #3
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Light Racing UCAs and the Toytec adjustable coilover. I like everything so far. Be aware that it's possible to install the LR UCAs wrong. If you look at this picture notice the gold plate just under the control arm. The way it's set up here is backwards. The flat side of the plate should be facing the wheel whereas on the two pictures below, it's facing the coil. If it's set wrong, you won't get a good alignment out of it (camber will be off).
These are set wrong:

This one is set correctly (the lettering is on the flat side of the plate, toward the wheel).
Attached Thumbnails
It's down to two-ucas.jpg