Notices

Power Loss w/ 35's???

Old 12-31-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Higgins
ahigginsdeca is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
ahigginsdeca's Tacoma Gallery
Power Loss w/ 35's???

I have a 3" revtek lift with 33's and was fine with the little bit of power loss I experienced, but now I'm thinking about moving up to the 6" with 35's. Can anyone tell me what i can expect with a lift and tires of that size?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigginsdeca View Post
I have a 3" revtek lift with 33's and was fine with the little bit of power loss I experienced, but now I'm thinking about moving up to the 6" with 35's. Can anyone tell me what i can expect with a lift and tires of that size?
from a 3 inch lift to a 6 with 35's...you'll probably have a good bit that you can tell of a loss. regear and you should be fine!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
how much is it to regear?
that i have no idea man! im imagining somewhere around $650 or so.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:44 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
unless you put a lower gear the bigger or wider the tire the more it will take to move it and stop it.

If you go big tires
1 regear the drive axles
2 expect gas milage to go down
3 need better breaks
Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 PM   #6
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how much is it to regear?
Depends on if you are 2wd or 4wd. The gears themselves aren't usually expensive, it's the labor to install them correctly. I'd call a reputable shop and ask them. I would guess anywhere from 500 to 1000, again depending on if you require front and rear or just rear.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
unless you put a lower gear the bigger or wider the tire the more it will take to move it and stop it.

If you go big tires
1 regear the drive axles
2 expect gas milage to go down
3 need better breaks
x2... and a big one for better brakes...
Old 12-31-2008, 08:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
x2... and a big one for better brakes...
yep.....good rotors and pads, or bigger rotors and pads/calipers will be even better!!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
If you wanted such a big truck, why didn't you just buy the Tundra or a full size. I don't get the guys that lift a compact truck so much. Why make a compact truck big? Isn't that contradictive?
Old 01-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
that i have no idea man! im imagining somewhere around $650 or so.
That is the Cheapest I have ever heard of!! Almost everywhere around or in Portland, Oregon costs $950-$1,200. That is front and rear.

If you go with 6", 35's re-gear. ASAP once its all installed, or "Goodnight, Automatic Transmission". If you have an Auto that is..
Old 01-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTaco2134 View Post
That is the Cheapest I have ever heard of!! Almost everywhere around or in Portland, Oregon costs $950-$1,200. That is front and rear.

If you go with 6", 35's re-gear. ASAP once its all installed, or "Goodnight, Automatic Transmission". If you have an Auto that is..
well, that was just a guess i had..........as i have never regeared anything, so im not sure.