Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 Billies @ 0", OME 884, 1.5" AAL, 1/4" driver side spacer, TRD Access Cab, OR Rim

Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
5100 Billies @ 0", OME 884, 1.5" AAL, 1/4" driver side spacer, TRD Access Cab, OR Rim

Hi all, after a 2 year sabaticle from being a tacoma owner I'm back and ready to mod my new truck again. My previous setup was the OME full 3" lift with 2" AAl and 285s and LR UCA's on a 2009 DC, can see in my pics...

Anyways I had a few issues with it, 285s rubbed badly, after major trimming, alignment wasn't close to perfect, rear sagged after jumping, cause it to be nose high.

So even after all that I still want to mod my new 2011, but I am going to be a little smarter about it... nothing as drastic

I have decided to put this kit together:

OME 884 coils w/ (1/4") spacer drivers side

1.5" AAL in rear

5100s all four corners (0" in front)

265/75/16 duratracs "C" load

stock TRD offroad rims

stock UCA's

Anybody running this exact setup??

Pics would be greatly appreciated, I have done a ton of searches on here and google images and have found a couple with the exact setup.

Feedback from experience would also be appreciated...

such as were you able to get within Toyota specs for front end alignment
Old 06-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Other possibility..

TSB in rear, this gives about 0.5" lift in rear i've found on here

front Eibach springs 1.6"

How bad would it be to run this on stock TRD billies?
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine, although a lot of people will tell you to fork over the extra dough for bilsteins.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
5100s that is.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoSlayer View Post
TSB in rear, this gives about 0.5" lift in rear i've found on here

front Eibach springs 1.6"

How bad would it be to run this on stock TRD billies?
People have run the Eibachs on stock Bilsteins but they're a strong coil and will wear the shocks out quickly (also might be rather bouncy). I'm sure you'd be fine for a while with that setup if you wanted to put off buying 5100's for a while. I haven't ridden in a truck with stock shocks and Eibachs, just my opinion.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
METAL!

Thanks for the replies, i'm thinking i should just wait a little and get the billies along with it, i know my 2" aal sagged really bad over time, anyone have this problem with the 1.5"?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
dhdan is on a distinguished road
dhdan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting 5100's front and back, OME 884 coils with no spacer, and 1.5" wheelers AAL with overload all installed this Tuesday. I will try to post pictures after it's done.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdan View Post
I'm getting 5100's front and back, OME 884 coils with no spacer, and 1.5" wheelers AAL with overload all installed this Tuesday. I will try to post pictures after it's done.
Welcome to TW!

Sounds like a nice setup
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #9
2005Taco4X4 is on a distinguished road
2005Taco4X4's Tacoma Gallery
I have an access cab 4x4 Tacoma and i'm curious, if i get Bilstein 5100's with OME 885 coils and set them at 0 then get a 2 inch AAL in the rear, would i need new UCA's and a front differential drop kit? Also how much lift would i be getting from this setup. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005Taco4X4 View Post
I have an access cab 4x4 Tacoma and i'm curious, if i get Bilstein 5100's with OME 885 coils and set them at 0 then get a 2 inch AAL in the rear, would i need new UCA's and a front differential drop kit? Also how much lift would i be getting from this setup. Thanks in advance.
It'd be a good idea to plan on getting UCA's. You might be able to get away without them but you'll have a hard time getting aligned. The differential drop is a waste of money on a 2nd gen and I wouldn't install one unless you're chasing vibrations and that's the last thing to try. The 2nd Gen differential drop doesn't drop the diff, it rotates it instead which doesn't really do anything to improve your CV angles and lifts the rear bearings out of the oil.

You'll gain about 2.5" of lift from that setup on your 4x4 V6 access cab.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It'd be a good idea to plan on getting UCA's. You might be able to get away without them but you'll have a hard time getting aligned. The differential drop is a waste of money on a 2nd gen and I wouldn't install one unless you're chasing vibrations and that's the last thing to try. The 2nd Gen differential drop doesn't drop the diff, it rotates it instead which doesn't really do anything to improve your CV angles and lifts the rear bearings out of the oil.

You'll gain about 2.5" of lift from that setup on your 4x4 V6 access cab.

Thanks man. One more thing, would i be able to fit 255-85R16 tires without having to trim anything? If not, what would be the largest size tire i could run without rubbing at all.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdan View Post

How did your lift turn out?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
dhdan's Tacoma Gallery
I love the lift. The only issue I have is that my vsc light came on after lift and alignment. Have to get that worked out now.

Edit: Add picture - VSC Light was tripped prior to alignment. Dealership cleared at no charge even though they didn't do the work.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
dhdan's Tacoma Gallery
The one thing I would consider is that there is a little bit of front end dive with the 884 coils when hard braking. I don't mind it and don't know what the difference would be going to the 885 coils.

I got exactly 2 inches of lift in the rear with the overload. I got about 1 1/2" on the passenger side front and about 2" on the drivers side front.

I had 1/2" droop on the drivers side of the truck prior to the install. I measured the coils and they were the same height but had a bit wider separation between the coils on one of them. I had that one placed on the drivers side and it gave that side slightly more lift (at least the measurements are the same for height on the front now.)

The truck rides great now and doesn't have as much issue going over washboard roads. The rear end follows them much better.

Next on my list are the duratracs so I don't have any input on those. Fortunately there are other threads dedicated to those.

My alignment seems good to me.

Alignment on my truck is:
caster: left-2.0 right-2.4 spec 1.4 to 2.9
camber: left-0.5 right-0.4 spec -0.4 to 1.1
toe: left-1/16th right-0 spec -1/32nd to 1/32 or -1/16th to 1/16th for both
Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
Looks great! I think that's the same setup i'm going to use on my truck now
Old 06-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
Pythagoras32 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
Pythagoras32's Tacoma Gallery
I am doing the same setup, planning to install this coming Friday.
I am however curious as to where you have the 5100s in the front adjusted.
0 or .85?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
dhdan's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are set to 0. Unless I was doing upper control arms at the same time, I wouldn't go higher than that personally. Too much of a possibility of not being able to get it aligned where it would drive well. I still have the factory rake with my setup and assume my rears will sag a bit over time to where it will be closer to even.