Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Re: TSB

Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
oaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shedoaker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oaker's Tacoma Gallery
Re: TSB

just called the dealer re the leaf spring TSB, they said i need to bring the truck in so they can check it first to see if its needed.......is this normal?.........when i asked how they were gonna check it he said theyd put 500lbs. in the back to see how it reacted....wtf!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Normal. Tell them 3 magic words.. 'baby, potholes, and safety' it will get fixed.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
^ that's funny but true.

Mine said the same thing, I said "I put about 600lbs of sod in my truck and hit the bump stops" and that's all it took.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't bother. The TSB springs go out quickly as well. Toyota springs are just soft and that's the end of it.

Look into an aftermarket pack if you're actually going to use them.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota springs are made of cheese and have been for over 20 years.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
^ that's funny but true.

Mine said the same thing, I said "I put about 600lbs of sod in my truck and hit the bump stops" and that's all it took.
How much sod is that btw? I have been thinking about buying a pallet at a time here and there to slowly do my back yard and have wondered how much a pallet weighs and how it will fit in the bed, stack it off I'm guessing. That is if I can't borrow a trailer.