Notices

where to get this bumper

Old 01-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
go big or go home
tacoman316 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Machinery technicion 3rd class
tacoman316's Tacoma Gallery
where to get this bumper

I was looking on the internet and found this bumper but i cannot find out where to gey it I dont have a hitch and am looking at getting one but this one has one built into it. I got the manufacturer but couldnt find a web address or phone number, here are some pics. the manufacturer is Rocktek. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
go big or go home
tacoman316 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Machinery technicion 3rd class
tacoman316's Tacoma Gallery
really i wish he did is there one out there like that that i can get my hands on.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Sick looking bumper, would love to have that
Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Like silverback was sayin, I was tryin to find one myself and found out there not made anymore, I did find another rear bumper for the new tacos, http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiTaco05.html I dont know alot about them ill have mine here soon ill post up some more info when I get it.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Desert Fab made a custom 05+ rear bumper that looked similar (I think at least)-- Trying to find pics...
Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doesn't look like that one (oops) - but this is a Desert Fab bumper on John's truck...

Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
Doesn't look like that one (oops) - but this is a Desert Fab bumper on John's truck...

Thats not bad, I like that
Old 01-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
Mayor of TW

I like it too - kind of wish it filled the space below the lights too -- but this was a custom job -- they can build to suit.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #10
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Wicked looking bumpers.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Like silverback was sayin, I was tryin to find one myself and found out there not made anymore, I did find another rear bumper for the new tacos, http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiTaco05.html I dont know alot about them ill have mine here soon ill post up some more info when I get it.
Checked out that web site and the rear bumper, I personally like the plain ones, have a question, I see thay talk about the receiver hitch, if I installed this, I take it I would have to remove my trailer hitch.
Also wonder if it in the same class, planning on pulling a military 3/4 ton restored painted to match trailer.
What type you planning on getting? looking forward to getting the info off you.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Checked out that web site and the rear bumper, I personally like the plain ones, have a question, I see thay talk about the receiver hitch, if I installed this, I take it I would have to remove my trailer hitch.
Also wonder if it in the same class, planning on pulling a military 3/4 ton restored painted to match trailer.
What type you planning on getting? looking forward to getting the info off you.
Thats the one I went with the plain one, I talked to the guy about that, I didnt want the hitch and wanted to keep the factory one he told me that it would work.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
If I was to buy one of those from kenmtnac.com I would get the built in receiver, main reason would be ground clearance. You'll gain a lot by building the receiver into the bumper. That factory hitch hangs down WAY too low IMO. I would also have them skip on all the lights back there... maybe just a cutout for some PIAA backup lights.. but all those round ones are not my style.
Yea the only reason I didnt get one was for when I tow the horses or mayb I should have so I dont have too,I didnt like the lights eather and I have some on my bed rack for that reason.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Well if its build half as well as my Rocktec its just as strong as the factory hitch. I think my Rocktec receiver is actually stronger than the factory. Only downside is that you need a very long drop hitch, which can be an issue. For me, our 23' travel trailer has a load equalizing hitch with sway control, and there just isn't a drop shank long enough.
I guess Im goin to have to find out, I rather be safe then sorry with 2 horses and everyone els on the road if the bumper decides to fail.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #15

Quote:
True... and from what others have said about that company you have good reason to be skeptical. Hopefully you'll have no issues.
Yea, I took the chance and went for it, If I do I have a grinder, bandsaw, cutoff torch and a welder, Damn might as well made one
Old 01-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #17

Quote:
alight.....hum.... guess I will just wait and see what you think about it installed and then make the call. I was surprised on the price, I was thinking alot more....wife looked at it and she said after the sliders are on, then I can go for it .
Sometimes I am blown away by her .

I think she realizes it is more than just me "who has a truck thing"
Yea, Thats a good idea, There alot of bad talk about them, The guy told me it will work with no problems but we all know how that goes
Old 01-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #18
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
alight.....hum.... guess I will just wait and see what you think about it installed and then make the call. I was surprised on the price, I was thinking alot more....wife looked at it and she said after the sliders are on, then I can go for it .
Sometimes I am blown away by her .

I think she realizes it is more than just me "who has a truck thing"
Your wife needs to talk to my wife, she doesn't get it at all.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
If you still want a the Rocktek bumper i would call the guys at Armorology and see if they can make on, they have one but the side extend to the fender flares