Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will this setup work????

Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
PETEREDGE has a spectacular aura aboutPETEREDGE has a spectacular aura about

Name: PETER
PETEREDGE's Tacoma Gallery
Will this setup work????

I have an 08 dbl cab sport that has a spacer lift and an aal on it(had it when i bought it).I want to change it to billy's all around set front to 0.85,use stock springs and put a 1/2 or 1/4 spacer on top to achieve 3" of lift.My question is can i use stock springs without having to buy new ones???Any info will be greatly appreciated...
Old 06-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Yes.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
No...dont combine lifts is what I was always told.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #4

not really combining it's kinda the same as the Toytec lift just without the new springs and should be cheaper.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
How do you figure setting the Bilstein 5100 at .85 and a 1/2" top plate spacer will give you 3" of lift?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #6

The thing is im not sure thats why i need help with this.I just dont want a spacer lift anymore.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #7

so would the stock coils get me 2 /12 at least
Old 06-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
If you set them at 2.5 they will if not just go OME 885x coils....
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
If you set them at 2.5 they will if not just go OME 885x coils....
This
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETEREDGE View Post
so would the stock coils get me 2 /12 at least
The Bilstein 5100 has a 2.5" perch setting that is designed to give you 2.5" lift with stock coils.

Unless you get aftermarket upper control arms, going higher than 2.5" lift is not recommended.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #11

Ok so will the ride improve over the spacer??
Old 06-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #12
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yes
Old 06-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #13

Cool deal sounds good..i checked on Toytec's site and the bilstein lift is backordered..ill proberly get them from Downsouth...
Old 06-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
Yes order from downsouth they offer tw discount and free shipping
Old 06-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #15

Thanks for the imput guys i might just go ahead and get the 885's if i can find another 100.00 or so.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #16
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I could have sworn I saw eibachs in that paragraph somewhere. Eibachs + bilsteins @ 85 + 1/4" spacer = 3" front lift (respectively) or you could do OME coils and 1/4" spacer for 3" front lift, you might have cv issues though. Also you'll might need aftermarket UCAs for alignment, I would just go with 2.5" front lift, it gives your cv's a better angle/ less wear & tear and the alignment is a hit or miss so you might not need UCAs.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok so will the ride improve over the spacer??
No. Absolutely not if your spacer is on top of the coil assembly. This is as hard as a fact as can be. The only improvement will be if your current spacer makes your shocks compress to max before uptravel stops. 2.5" setting on 5100 is very rough. The spacer feels stock.

If your spacer is a preload spacer the only difference is the 5100 shock valving. 5100 acts asa preload spacer.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #18

I think im just gona go with the 5100's up front set at 0.85 with 885's and buy the rear 5100's later on.If ive read right i should be at about 2 1/2 lift.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think im just gona go with the 5100's up front set at 0.85 with 885's and buy the rear 5100's later on.If ive read right i should be at about 2 1/2 lift.
885's and 5100's at 0 will give 2 1/2" lift
Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #20

Ok ill try that...now with that will the ride improve over the spacer.