Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Alcans installed this weekend with my RCD

Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
New Alcans installed this weekend with my RCD

I ordered custom Alcans which took about a month to get and about another month to get the time to do the install. I ordered them with 4 inches of lift and stock carrying capacity. They also included a torque spring to make sure the axle wrap went away. These things are soo buttery smooth. It's awesome. Vibration and Driveline thunks are non existent. Bumps in the road that were harsh and I could feel the bumpstops hitting on occasion are now taken with ease and no ill shuddering from the truck. All in all well worth the $600 investment. This is how the lift should have been done from the start.

Stock Leafs with 4 inch Block

Stock vs Alcan

Alcan ready for U-bolts

Alcan Springs

Straight off the jack stands. It has settled to near perfectly level.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
That looks awesome man!!!! I like those wheels!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
I want those!! I have to save up some $$. The lift, tires, wheels, and installation set me back.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
achojerr is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerid
achojerr's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to order the kit and springs at the same time

So two thumbs up?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
achojerr is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerid
achojerr's Tacoma Gallery
I looked on the Alcan website. Of course those are custom built springs. I was wondering exactly what did you tell them? You need springs that will work with the RCD lift or you told them how much lift you wanted from the springs?

Do you think that the All Pro 3" lift springs would leave the truck sagging in the back?

And one more question. I have seen your build and did you paint the red on the wheels or is that some type of bracket?
Old 07-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #9
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by achojerr View Post
I looked on the Alcan website. Of course those are custom built springs. I was wondering exactly what did you tell them? You need springs that will work with the RCD lift or you told them how much lift you wanted from the springs?

Do you think that the All Pro 3" lift springs would leave the truck sagging in the back?

And one more question. I have seen your build and did you paint the red on the wheels or is that some type of bracket?
Tell them the same as Coley. 4 inch lift and a torque spring.
The All Pro 3 inch springs will have the back in about an inch too low. The All Pro expos will probably sit about right but will ride more stiff than the Alcans.
The red inserts come with the wheels and are stuck on with 3m tape.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Sick! I want those next.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #11
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
I ordered custom Alcans which took about a month to get and about another month to get the time to do the install. I ordered them with 4 inches of lift and stock carrying capacity. They also included a torque spring to make sure the axle wrap went away. These things are soo buttery smooth. It's awesome. Vibration and Driveline thunks are non existent. Bumps in the road that were harsh and I could feel the bumpstops hitting on occasion are now taken with ease and no ill shuddering from the truck. All in all well worth the $600 investment. This is how the lift should have been done from the start.

Stock Leafs with 4 inch Block

Stock vs Alcan

Alcan ready for U-bolts

Alcan Springs

Straight off the jack stands. It has settled to near perfectly level.

Are you towing anything with your truck, and how much is the tongue weight? When you say you ordered the leaf pack for the stock carrying capacity, what does that mean exactly? Are you saying that you told Alcan to make the springs able to handle a 6,500 lbs. load?
Old 08-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
The way to order springs from Alcan is to call them. Bill will ask about your vehicle
When you tell him you've got a taco, he pulls up the stock spring specs. Then you tell him you want to pull a 4000lb trailer with a tongue weight of xxx lbs. He puts that into his file and bulds a spring with a rate to match.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
Are you towing anything with your truck, and how much is the tongue weight? When you say you ordered the leaf pack for the stock carrying capacity, what does that mean exactly? Are you saying that you told Alcan to make the springs able to handle a 6,500 lbs. load?
I have a small enclosed motorcycle trailer that probably has a 200-300 lb tongue weight. When I put the trailer on and load the bed the suspension drops about an inch. It works perfect. I told Alcan to give me a stock setup/specs for carrying capacity with 4 inches of lift and a torque spring.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #14
areghas is on a distinguished road
Air Force: AC-130W DCC
areghas's Tacoma Gallery
did you have to get longer shackles or stick with stock?