1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overkill?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by shift16, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jun 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    shift16

shift16 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Silverthorne, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 DC SR5
    Westin Bully Bar, With dual PIAA 4" lights mounting on the front.
    I will be moving from NH to CO early August, towing a large enclosed trailer. Im looking to upgrade and improve the taco a little bit before i make the 3000k route west. I'm new to the suspension/lift game so some input would be nice.

The truck is an 06 sr5 with 108k miles, 4x4 double cab with short bed. The move across country has become an excuse to beef up the suspension, add 2.5"/3" lift, throw on some new shoes, and a cat back borla exhaust.

Anyways, I considered an AAL pack, and 5100's all the way around and a readyllift SST kit. Possibly a air-bag system too?
    I feel it is worth noting that my leafs are sagging a little bit from age. I must admit i am little overwhelmed by the options available, combined with my inexperience with anything suspension related. Would upgrading with all of this be overkill for someone who doesn't do much off-roading?

My last question is about cooling, I've looked into aftermarket cooling fans, and was curious to see if anyone has used them and would recommend purchasing one.

I appreciate any input guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top