1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Spacer 101

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by maxtracbob, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jun 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    maxtracbob

maxtracbob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Anaheim,Ca
    Vehicle:
    04 LJ (sorry)
    EVERYTHING
    Hey Guy's and girls... I had a customer have a problem with one of our spindle lifts and I thought I would bring it up with all of you... They installed our spindles on an 06 Taco for a customer along with Billies and a 3" block in the rear... Now the customer is not going to hard core off road this truck i think what was installed was fine...Well the customer called me because he was getting some front end vibration and he couldn't figure out what was causing it. Of coarse the first thing is " The New Lift Kit " since it wasn't doing this before and it had the same stock wheels and some BFG all terrains that were on it before the lift. So here is the million dollar question... WHAT WHEEL SPACERS ARE ON IT... Well the customer didn't know so I called the shop that did the work... They said they got them from a shop down the street.. I asked if they were made for the Toyota since Toyota is funny about that... They said " I Don't Know " Well I told them I only use Spider Trax wheel adapters because I know they work. Well to make a long story a little shorter the shop spent 3 weeks...YES 3 WEEKS... Trying to chase down the problem and they finally told the customer it was our spindles making the truck vibrate... I didn't know our spindles were a rotating mass... But what do i know... So the customer being very upset his wife can't drive her truck he called me.... I brought the truck in this last Monday and two hours later his truck was perfect... All it took was the right wheel spacer... Yes Spider Trax... and to fix the problems with the install.... People PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... The shop that did the install is now OFF of our dealer listing... Yes I don't sell junk and I refuse to have a junky install too... Thanks for listening and I hope this helps...
    P.S. I'm sure there are other wheel spacers out there that are fine. These are the only ones I know that WORK...

2. Jun 27, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Thanks for the info! Btw I love your spindles. I did some light jumps and they held up perfect.

3. Jun 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    white toy taco

white toy taco 505 Member

Member:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    '06 OR and '02 OR (sold)
    good to know. i have some ebay 2" spacers and they give tiny amount of vibrations (not enough for most people to notice). my question is, will it mess anything up on my truck if theres a tiny vibration at 65-70?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jun 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    maxtracbob

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Anaheim,Ca
    Vehicle:
    04 LJ (sorry)
    EVERYTHING
    Usually not... You will get vibration from lots of things like tire wear and a bad driveline... My Jeep had vibrations from having beadlocks and not being able to balance them correctly... It was the best I could do... Thanks

5. Jun 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    maxtracbob

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Anaheim,Ca
    Vehicle:
    04 LJ (sorry)
    EVERYTHING
    Thanks Bud.... We really do appreciate all of you... Even if you don't use our spindles... We want the offroad industry to grow and prosper... Oh and have some FUN...

6. Jun 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Casey05Taco

Casey05Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Penngrove, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Prerunner
    trd seat covers, bed mat, tinted windows, debadged, mud flaps removed, tinted tails, blacked out center console, Black Rims, 6000k HID in highs and fogs, blacked out front emblem, Pioneer AVH-4300DVD, Gauge Cluster, lower valence, retrofitted, audio system, Maxtrac Spindles, Billies
    Cant wait to install mine

7. Jun 27, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the reminder Bob.

In addition to spidertrax, All Pro and Bora spacers also come in hub-centric models specifically designed for toyotas.

8. Jun 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    TacoLife08

TacoLife08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD Rugged Trail SR5
    Camburg 4' Spindles, top plate spacers, 2" AAL, 285/75R/16 Terra Grapplers, Tinted Windows, Black Riveted Grille, Black Spyder Halo Healights/Tailights, FlowMaster 40 Exhaust, NFab Side Steps, Blacked out Skid Plate.
    Just recently solved my front end vibration problem after installing spindles. eBay wheel spacers on = Bad Front vibe from 45-60. Front wheel spacers off = silk. Night and day difference

9. Jun 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    maxtracbob

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Anaheim,Ca
    Vehicle:
    04 LJ (sorry)
    EVERYTHING
    Thanks.. Ill let everyone know about those too....

Products Discussed in

To Top