Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheel Spacer 101

Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
maxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bob
maxtracbob's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel Spacer 101

Hey Guy's and girls... I had a customer have a problem with one of our spindle lifts and I thought I would bring it up with all of you... They installed our spindles on an 06 Taco for a customer along with Billies and a 3" block in the rear... Now the customer is not going to hard core off road this truck i think what was installed was fine...Well the customer called me because he was getting some front end vibration and he couldn't figure out what was causing it. Of coarse the first thing is " The New Lift Kit " since it wasn't doing this before and it had the same stock wheels and some BFG all terrains that were on it before the lift. So here is the million dollar question... WHAT WHEEL SPACERS ARE ON IT... Well the customer didn't know so I called the shop that did the work... They said they got them from a shop down the street.. I asked if they were made for the Toyota since Toyota is funny about that... They said " I Don't Know " Well I told them I only use Spider Trax wheel adapters because I know they work. Well to make a long story a little shorter the shop spent 3 weeks...YES 3 WEEKS... Trying to chase down the problem and they finally told the customer it was our spindles making the truck vibrate... I didn't know our spindles were a rotating mass... But what do i know... So the customer being very upset his wife can't drive her truck he called me.... I brought the truck in this last Monday and two hours later his truck was perfect... All it took was the right wheel spacer... Yes Spider Trax... and to fix the problems with the install.... People PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... The shop that did the install is now OFF of our dealer listing... Yes I don't sell junk and I refuse to have a junky install too... Thanks for listening and I hope this helps...
P.S. I'm sure there are other wheel spacers out there that are fine. These are the only ones I know that WORK...
Old 06-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Thanks for the info! Btw I love your spindles. I did some light jumps and they held up perfect.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
good to know. i have some ebay 2" spacers and they give tiny amount of vibrations (not enough for most people to notice). my question is, will it mess anything up on my truck if theres a tiny vibration at 65-70?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
maxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to beholdmaxtracbob is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
good to know. i have some ebay 2" spacers and they give tiny amount of vibrations (not enough for most people to notice). my question is, will it mess anything up on my truck if theres a tiny vibration at 65-70?
Usually not... You will get vibration from lots of things like tire wear and a bad driveline... My Jeep had vibrations from having beadlocks and not being able to balance them correctly... It was the best I could do... Thanks
Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Thanks for the info! Btw I love your spindles. I did some light jumps and they held up perfect.
Thanks Bud.... We really do appreciate all of you... Even if you don't use our spindles... We want the offroad industry to grow and prosper... Oh and have some FUN...
Old 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reminder Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtracbob View Post
P.S. I'm sure there are other wheel spacers out there that are fine. These are the only ones I know that WORK...
In addition to spidertrax, All Pro and Bora spacers also come in hub-centric models specifically designed for toyotas.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
TacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really niceTacoLife08 is just really nice
Air Force:
TacoLife08's Tacoma Gallery
Just recently solved my front end vibration problem after installing spindles. eBay wheel spacers on = Bad Front vibe from 45-60. Front wheel spacers off = silk. Night and day difference
Old 06-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Thanks for the reminder Bob.

In addition to spidertrax, All Pro and Bora spacers also come in hub-centric models specifically designed for toyotas.
Thanks.. Ill let everyone know about those too....