Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Install time for icons / camburg / Dakars

Old 06-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
Install time, + 4 wheel alignment... I would say better part of 5-6 hours. guesstimate of course.. I had my fox coilovers installed, TC UCA and alignement and it took 5 hours.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
For a competent shop with a lift, it won't take more than a few hours if that's all they're working on. My dad and I spent a good 6 hours in his garage using floor jacks and jack stands to install a leaf pack and coilovers including stopping for lunch and getting tools out/putting tools away.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
do it yourself.... free haha
Old 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have torque specs? Im gonna be installing my icons soon and just wnat to know what to torque everything down to?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
hondarider215 will become famous soon enough

Name: Wes
hondarider215's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Old 06-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I helped Taqoma install his front and rear lift including coilovers, leaf pack, control arms and rear shocks, and we finished by 4pm and went on 2 hour shake down run afterwards. It's all really straight forward.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
free, if you have the tools, time and know how

I can be a mechanic from time to time and have built up a decent tool bag. I also enjoy working on my own stuff, so I decided to take on the project installing my Icon stage 4. It took me about 8 hours but a lot of that was tinkering and trips to the fridge. Unfortunately I had failed to schedule for an alignment and had to wait three days to drive it. Just a tip to schedule in advance. I figure I saved a few hundred and know for a fact the job was done well. Good luck and patience
Old 06-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! I'm having a local shop install it. I would do if I had any mechanical knowledge but sadly...I don't. My only real concern is the shop not doing it right...specifically the leaf springs. Most people in Alabama either use spacer lifts or drop brackets and I don't think they have ever really seen a performance kit such as mine so I'm a bit nervous about that. We will see how it goes though!
Old 06-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider215 View Post
Thank you
I would like to know all the Torque Spec's as well. The link doesn't work.