1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wheelers add a leaf for 2004 toyota tacoma

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by marintacoma, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Jun 29, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    marintacoma

marintacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Marin
    Vehicle:
    2004 white toyota tacoma 4x4 trd

i am going to lift my truck with bilsten 5100s set at 2.5 inches in the front. with stock coils, and was planning on putting an add a leaf in the rear. i had a few questions;
    1) i did some reading and assume i can add a leaf without getting new shocks in the rear right? the ubolts should hold with only a 1.5-2 inch add a leaf
    2)what do you guys think would look better, a 1.5inch add a leaf or a 2 inch? when paired up with a 2.5 inch lift in front?
    3) do the wheelers add a leafs come with enough for one side, or is the 77.50 price tag enough for both the left and right side of the vehicles suspension? basically is there 1 leaf or 2?
    thanks for your help

2. Jun 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    If your stock leafs are negative arch I suggest getting a new leaf pack as the AAL won't yield that much lift with a neg arch leaf.

3. Jun 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    marintacoma

Member:
    Marin
    Vehicle:
    thanks for your input, i tried calling then but they only pick up monday-thursday and i was eager, i think my stock leafs should be ok, the previous truck owner didnt put much in the bed he was in his 60s and the truck only has 107k miles, when u say negative arch i assume you mean the arch is not there anymore?

4. Jun 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Yep instead of arching downward its flat.

5. Jul 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    marintacoma

Member:
    Marin
    Vehicle:
    will i be able to get away with the stock brake lines? i am installing the bilsten 5100s in front with stock springs, and i am installing a 1.5 inch wheelers add a leaf in the rear with stock shocks, i also ordered new bushings and u joints. everything will be installed next Saturday. if you had an extra 170, would you recommend spending it on new ebiach coils, ome coils, or the rear bilsten 5100s? thanks also will i need new UCA's? ive done alot of reading and that seems to be in the grey area, usually under 3 inch lifts should be fine without them right?

Products Discussed in

To Top