Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

wheelers add a leaf for 2004 toyota tacoma

Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
marintacoma is on a distinguished road

marintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
wheelers add a leaf for 2004 toyota tacoma

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoaal.htm

i am going to lift my truck with bilsten 5100s set at 2.5 inches in the front. with stock coils, and was planning on putting an add a leaf in the rear. i had a few questions;
1) i did some reading and assume i can add a leaf without getting new shocks in the rear right? the ubolts should hold with only a 1.5-2 inch add a leaf
2)what do you guys think would look better, a 1.5inch add a leaf or a 2 inch? when paired up with a 2.5 inch lift in front?
3) do the wheelers add a leafs come with enough for one side, or is the 77.50 price tag enough for both the left and right side of the vehicles suspension? basically is there 1 leaf or 2?
thanks for your help
Old 06-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
If your stock leafs are negative arch I suggest getting a new leaf pack as the AAL won't yield that much lift with a neg arch leaf.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #3

thanks for your input, i tried calling then but they only pick up monday-thursday and i was eager, i think my stock leafs should be ok, the previous truck owner didnt put much in the bed he was in his 60s and the truck only has 107k miles, when u say negative arch i assume you mean the arch is not there anymore?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by marintacoma View Post
thanks for your input, i tried calling then but they only pick up monday-thursday and i was eager, i think my stock leafs should be ok, the previous truck owner didnt put much in the bed he was in his 60s and the truck only has 107k miles, when u say negative arch i assume you mean the arch is not there anymore?
Yep instead of arching downward its flat.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #5

will i be able to get away with the stock brake lines? i am installing the bilsten 5100s in front with stock springs, and i am installing a 1.5 inch wheelers add a leaf in the rear with stock shocks, i also ordered new bushings and u joints. everything will be installed next Saturday. if you had an extra 170, would you recommend spending it on new ebiach coils, ome coils, or the rear bilsten 5100s? thanks also will i need new UCA's? ive done alot of reading and that seems to be in the grey area, usually under 3 inch lifts should be fine without them right?