Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 881/Bilstein 5100 on top setting

Old 06-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy OME 881/Bilstein 5100 on top setting

Okay so, I bought a set of series 5100 Billies and OME 881 coils with the intention of install it all myself on my 2000 V6 prerunner. After a heated debate with my father whom was supposed to assist in the installation, we surmised that we would install the rears and let the shop do the front struts so as to reduce the danger from the strut assembly. after installing the rears i took my taco to the shop who gladly installed my 5100's and OME coils giving my truck an amazingly sexy lift

unfortunately my biggest fears were realized when i did a look around and discovered that the coils had been set on the top lift setting of the 5100's!! which scared the hell outta me considering all the threads advising against this setup. I will of course be returning to ANOTHER shop to have the struts reassembled correctly on the 0" setting so i dont screw anything up.

My question pertains to the types of issues i might run into over the next week as i wait to accumulate enough money to pay for another strut assembly. WHAT IS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?
Old 06-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Vibrations and stiff ride. Are you positive the placed the snap ring on the highest setting? Snap a pic and post it. Also what did you choose for your rear setup?
Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i hope this picture displays the rings well enough. you see the lowest one right there and the second notch kinda peekin out from under the seat. i have noticed the jarringly stiff ride unfortunately......and all i wanted to do today was test my new shocks on some mean ass back dirt roads

on the rear the only change was the replacing of the OEM shocks with some 5125's i dont have blocks or AAL's or anything
Old 07-06-2012, 11:57 PM   #4

i have since gone to my other suspension shop who understood the issue and gave me a great deal on rebuilding the coilovers to the correct setting and giving me a much needed alignment. i am now sittting at the 0 setting and the ride is amazing