Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP!!Vibrations after lift install

Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
drizl16 is on a distinguished road
Name: Derek
drizl16's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!!Vibrations after lift install

Installed my lift(billie 5100's all around, eibach coils, and toytec aal). Had some vibrations up front and drove it for about 2 weeks. Then I installed the one inch diff drop kit in hopes of solving the problem but of course it didnt. So im just trying to figure out the problem. If anyone has any idea what it might be lemme know, im gettin kinda desperate here
Old 07-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Diff drop has nothing to do with fixing vibrations... Look into a carrier bearing drop.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizl16 View Post
Installed my lift(billie 5100's all around, eibach coils, and toytec aal). Had some vibrations up front and drove it for about 2 weeks. Then I installed the one inch diff drop kit in hopes of solving the problem but of course it didnt. So im just trying to figure out the problem. If anyone has any idea what it might be lemme know, im gettin kinda desperate here

To be more able to advise, we need more detailed information. Does the vibration seem to be more up front, or more in the rear? You mentioned that you had some up front, then drove it for 2 weeks. Are you saying the vibration is STILL up front? How bad? What speed are you driving at where it is the worst? While the fron't diff drop helps get your CV shafts more in line, it does change the pinion flange angle of the front driveshaft, which is capable of some vibration. More info on the details of the vibration would better allow us to help.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
loosen and re-torque lug bolts. with a torque wrench.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech View Post
loosen and re-torque lug bolts. with a torque wrench.
Mind if I ask why you think that will fix the problem? Not enough information I would think yet.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #6
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Mind if I ask why you think that will fix the problem? Not enough information I would think yet.
because its the simple things that i would try first. kinda like . the head light don't work dude goes and buys head light twice and it ends up the fuse needed replacing . thats all and no money involved in re torquing lug nuts.
plus a lot off guys go with the ole German torque "goodntight". you are correct more info and pics of his new setup would be nice
Old 07-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
ASE Master Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech View Post
because its the simple things that i would try first. kinda like . the head light don't work dude goes and buys head light twice and it ends up the fuse needed replacing . thats all and no money involved in re torquing lug nuts.
plus a lot off guys go with the ole German torque "goodntight". you are correct more info and pics of his new setup would be nice
Got ya. I was just curious since you didn't say much else, I was not sure if you had seen something specific I had missed.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Not to mention the lugs on our trucks are lug centric. If they aren't torqued in stages they will be offset causing vibrations.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
drizl16's Tacoma Gallery
The vibration is only up front. It almost sounds/feels like some kind of grinding sensation. It seems to be worse on the drivers side altough it is noticeable on the passenger side as well. When I installed the diff drop it did seem to lessen the vibes slightly, although the problem is still there. When I start to drive it starts to vibrate around 15 mph and continues until about 30 where it seems to go away until about 50 mph. Anything over 50 its vibrating again. I drove with the lift for about a week before I had it aligned, and about a week after that is when i installed the diff drop. I just tried to install the diff drop after reading a little bit about what it is supposed to do on here. I looked at my cv's and saw how angled they were so I hoped it would re-straighten them out at less of an angle. Ill try to get some pics up. The reason I only went with a 3 inch lift was because I was hoping to avoid these problems. I appreciate the help.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #10
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Got ya. I was just curious since you didn't say much else, I was not sure if you had seen something specific I had missed.
dude you have to change your sigpic i cant read anything with those down there!!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
^X2. What is this thread about.........

OP. Sorry to hear aboot your issue. Go get it checked out broham
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #12
CAD41985 is on a distinguished road
Name: Corey
CAD41985's Tacoma Gallery
I know this thread is old but I am having this same problem after my lift install, did you ever figure out what it was?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
drizl16's Tacoma Gallery
nah. everbody on here is tellin me to get the cb drop so i ordered it over 5 weeks ago and im still waitin on it. but thats what i would try. do you have a 1st or second gen?