LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach/5100 or OME/5100 or Full OME - someone push me over the edge

Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #41
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
What was it supposed to do?
Hyperlink the pic to the post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #42
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
Oz you gotta dangle that carrot don't you. Do you sit level or with a rake?
about 1 1/2" of rake
Old 07-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #43
scotch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
scotch's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME on both my toyotas. Love it...
Old 07-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #44
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I think my OME/Dakar setup rides much better on the road. My truck doesn't bob from side to side when I go up my curb at an angle and much more predictable cornering. Offroad, it doesn't soak up bumps like a high end coilover, but it is waaaay better than stock at the same speeds I used to drive my stock truck offroad.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #46
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry man. Seems everyone likes the OME setup over the bilsteins and eibach springs. If you can swing it, the OME kit IS the way to go.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #47
"the soulless ginger"

And if you do decide to go that route, contact Marco at DSM. They're grade A guys!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #48
RattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RattleSnake44's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the full OME treatment for about a month now, I have to say I LOVE it. Been using it to get up on some fire roads and Park Service roads around Big Bear, CA. I've got 885s up front and the full Dakar leaf pack in the back. Added an ARB bumper plus a winch at the same time which is why I went with the heavier duty spring up front. It's settled in some at right around 3" front and back, so I've still got the factory rake that I like. Haven't added any UCAs yet, it aligned nicely within specs so I'm not in too much of a hurry to spend more .
Eibach/5100 or OME/5100 or Full OME - someone push me over the edge-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341280813.622668.jpg
Eibach/5100 or OME/5100 or Full OME - someone push me over the edge-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341280831.695672.jpg
Eibach/5100 or OME/5100 or Full OME - someone push me over the edge-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341280846.151007.jpg
Old 07-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #49
david2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavid2011sr5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: take a guess
david2011sr5's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach w/5100's. love the way it handles on and of road. Can't say what the differance is between the two but both seem solid.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #50
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME setup, 884, 9000 up front and whatever, N182 I think in the rear, I love the ride, way more controlled on road and off, much more confident, no more dive under braking.

I got 2" lift up front, which leveled my truck perfectly.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #51
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered the front today! Went with the OME 884 Spring and the OME Strut along with the trim pack and the center bearing drop. Now for the rear...Going to go with a 3-leaf Progressive pack but just waiting for a shipping quote from Wheelers to see who wins (Wheelers or DSM).

I shopped around a bit and found the my buddy Scott at Truck Add Ons had the best price with free shipping!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #52
"the soulless ginger"

You'll pay freight for the leafs regardless
Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #53
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
i went 5100's and ebiach for my 1st gen.
seemed like it just comes down to money.
doesn't seem like any one has a real reason to pick one over the other rather than it costs more.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #54
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
You'll pay freight for the leafs regardless

DSM is free shipping on the Icon 3 leaf.

I went with DSM and ordered it today. It was basically the same price as Wheelers with shipping but DSM seemed a little more responsive and answered alot of my questions so I went with them.

I decided I am going to run the stock rear shocks until next month when I will buy the OME's...I just wanted to spread a little of the money out.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #55
"the soulless ginger"

Awesome choice! You'll love it!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #56
krans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud ofkrans has much to be proud of

Name: Kenny
krans's Tacoma Gallery
Keep us all updated i just recently picked up a icon 3 pack deciding which shocks and springs to switch to.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #57
My AAL arrived today from DSM. Fast shipping! Want to do the front first so the only project for this weekend will be my GrillCraft...
Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #58
So as I had updated earlier I purchased:
OME 884x Coils
Nitrocharger Front Shocks
Icon Progressive AAL for the rear
A Trim Packer for the drivers side
Still need to get the rear OME shocks and will shortly (I bought a new Infant car seat instead!) so I am just running the stock billys for now

I was able to get it all installed today! I must say that the ride is exactly what I was looking for and I am very happy with the new stance. Here are some after photos for you to enjoy.

After #1:

After #2:

After #3:

After with only the front done:

Didn't have time to give her a bath but looks pretty good to me. Thanks for all the help TW.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #59
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
So as I had updated earlier I purchased:
OME 884x Coils
Nitrocharger Front Shocks
Icon Progressive AAL for the rear
A Trim Packer for the drivers side
Still need to get the rear OME shocks and will shortly (I bought a new Infant car seat instead!) so I am just running the stock billys for now

I was able to get it all installed today! I must say that the ride is exactly what I was looking for and I am very happy with the new stance. Here are some after photos for you to enjoy.

Didn't have time to give her a bath but looks pretty good to me. Thanks for all the help TW.
Haven't you heard of Duct Tape?
JK congrats on the kid.
Taco looks great, glad you're happy with the ride. OME realy knows what they're doing.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Haven't you heard of Duct Tape?
JK congrats on the kid.
Taco looks great, glad you're happy with the ride. OME realy knows what they're doing.
Duct tape is only for when they misbehave! JK

Having my second girl any day now so my life is about to change!!!

Thanks! Yeah it all feels great, really nice product. Happy with the rear too but can't wait for the upgraded shocks.