Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach/5100 or OME/5100 or Full OME - someone push me over the edge

Old 08-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #81
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Got the alignment done today feels pretty good to me. I've included the printout from the shop. I don't know much about alignments but everything is within spec. they said the only thing that was really out was the toe. How does it look to all of you?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #83
mknipp has a spectacular aura aboutmknipp has a spectacular aura about
mknipp's Tacoma Gallery
This is a great thread. After all the research, I want to go full OME. I was looking at getting the Iron man lift for 2" all the way around and to avoid having to get new UCA's plus it comes with full leaf packs (I have to get new leaf packs, mine are almost inverted). My rear end feels so rough going over bumps and cracks in the road. Why do UCA's have to be so expensive!

Anyways, leaning towards full OME and hoping i can do the install myself.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #84
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknipp View Post
This is a great thread. After all the research, I want to go full OME. I was looking at getting the Iron man lift for 2" all the way around and to avoid having to get new UCA's plus it comes with full leaf packs (I have to get new leaf packs, mine are almost inverted). My rear end feels so rough going over bumps and cracks in the road. Why do UCA's have to be so expensive!

What are the details of your truck? DCLB or something else? As far as the leaf pack, you might be able to find a good condition used and do an aal or just go for the Dakar. I hear you on the uca's that's part of the reason I did what I did, but the light racing don't seem too bad.

The install is easy enough just nuts and bolts. There are plenty of threads to help with that.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #85
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknipp View Post

That was a concern of mine before getting my OME stuff. Once I had Moe show me how to do the front, I surprised myself by installing the rear by myself. Having the right tools was a big plus and learned a lot.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #86
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
Got the alignment done today feels pretty good to me. I've included the printout from the shop. I don't know much about alignments but everything is within spec. they said the only thing that was really out was the toe. How does it look to all of you?

Should be 2.4 - 2.9 caster , 0 camber , 0 toe

Do you have stock UCA's ?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #87
mknipp has a spectacular aura aboutmknipp has a spectacular aura about
mknipp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are the details of your truck? DCLB or something else? As far as the leaf pack, you might be able to find a good condition used and do an aal or just go for the Dakar. I hear you on the uca's that's part of the reason I did what I did, but the light racing don't seem too bad.

The install is easy enough just nuts and bolts. There are plenty of threads to help with that.
I'm an '07 AC TRD OFFROAD 4X4. I'm sure I could complete the project, but not certain I wouldn't mess something up or forget something.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #88
GAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to behold
GAmtber23's Tacoma Gallery
So did anyone do the carrier drop or the axle shims? Just want to do it right but not waste money at the same time. Does anyone have a take off shutter with this set up with no shims or carrier drop?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #89
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Bump

Sub'd
Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
I know this a super old thread, but OP, how did it end up settling out? How much Taco lean do you have?
I'll revive this one.

Still very happy with the lift. I haven't measured recently but It doesn't appear to have settled any more for me. I've put on at least 25000 miles with it. I must say that I have changed my job responsibilities so I am not really carrying many heavy loads except for the weekend warrior projects and it handles those beautifully.

I do love the ride, it is just stiff enough but I know I have the flex when I need it.

I'm still rolling with the stock tires and will change them before winter which may change the feel a little but thats ok too.

If you are on the fence I say go for the OME products. If I were to do it again I may just bite the bullet and go for the full OME and a three inch lift but then again I feel like mine is just right so I'm NOT doing it again. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is that after only one winter and 25000 miles the front shocks look a little corroded but you can only see it if you look for it and stick you head in the wheel well.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #92
Still an awesome ride! I'm have a little over 55,000 miles and it sounds like I need to replace the stock UCA's. No big deal I'll get to it in the fall.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 AM   #93
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still an awesome ride! I'm have a little over 55,000 miles and it sounds like I need to replace the stock UCA's. No big deal I'll get to it in the fall.
Are you thinking about adding any more lift since you're having to replace the UCA's? Why are you having to replace them so soon?
Old 07-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Are you thinking about adding any more lift since you're having to replace the UCA's? Why are you having to replace them so soon?
No not going to do any more lift I'm happy with how it sits. The toe is off on the alignment and can't seem to get any better. The tires are showing odd wear. Also I hear a front end noise when I hit bumps and think i have narrowed it down to the uca's however after reading through tw last night I will start by re-torquing all the nuts and bolts and see what happens, understanding this won't address the tire wear issue.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #95
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No not going to do any more lift I'm happy with how it sits. The toe is off on the alignment and can't seem to get any better. The tires are showing odd wear. Also I hear a front end noise when I hit bumps and think i have narrowed it down to the uca's however after reading through tw last night I will start by re-torquing all the nuts and bolts and see what happens, understanding this won't address the tire wear issue.
Well the entire reason I went 2" is to keep the stock UCA's. I'll be bummed if I need to replace them in a couple of years.