Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach/5100 or OME/5100 or Full OME - someone push me over the edge

Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach/5100 or OME/5100 or Full OME - someone push me over the edge

I think I've read just about all I can on this subject and I have a feeling I will be happy with any of the options below but I just need a little more help so I make the right decision.

I'm looking to do a mild lift and improve performance. I know I am going to do a 1.5" aal in the rear for my tsb pack. For the front I would be happy with 1.5-2" of lift. I would like the ride to be firm but not hard as I drive both country and city roads and don't do much off-road but see that I could get into more of that in the future. I like the stock ride though it is a little soft around turns and under breaking. So the options for the front that I am considering are:

Eibachs and 5100's
OME 884's and 5100's
OME 884's and OME 9000 shocks

I worry that the Eibachs will be too stiff, that the full OME set up will be to soft and that the OME/5100 will not be a good match because of the valving of the 5100's.

Future plans may be a full Dakar leaf pack when the rear wears out. At that point if the Eibachs are in I would probably bump up to .85" on the billies.

Thanks for the help with my indecision
Old 07-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a lift, but if I were to to it I would probably just do 5100s and AAL, but I don't want a ton of lift and don't do extreme offroading.. just an opinion
Old 07-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
885s and 5100s

Love mine...
Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
5100s are good if that's all the lift you want. Can't go wrong there, adn you have the option of a bit more lift out of the same shock if you choose to level it out more.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Full OME with aal here and no problems to report
And it does tighten the turns up alot over stock, it kinda makes it fun to pretend I'm in a car
Old 07-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm running 885x springs with 5100s all around, with a 2" AAL and Light Racing UCAs. Love the setup and it handles great on/off road!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks for the input thus far. Seems like positive results are had with the OME and 5100 combo. One of the guys at DSM told me that the OME coils would settle but from what I gather here that is a problem of the past any insight on this?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm running 885x springs with 5100s all around, with a 2" AAL and Light Racing UCAs. Love the setup and it handles great on/off road!!!
I checked out your build...pretty sweet set up.

How much lift did you get out of the 885's?
Old 07-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
I checked out your build...pretty sweet set up.

How much lift did you get out of the 885's?
At 1st I was at 3.5" when I measured! I about shit!! But it settled to right at 3". I've been running this setup for a while now and I'm still at 3...even after beating the hell outta it!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
At 1st I was at 3.5" when I measured! I about shit!! But it settled to right at 3". I've been running this setup for a while now and I'm still at 3...even after beating the hell outta it!
Do you have the taco lean with your set-up? I know I have a ever so slight lean with my set-up. I also am around 2.5 inches.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my opinion if it matters.
I am selling my Tacoma, and had a 3" Lift, and removed it recently to sell on the side.
Long story short, after putting the stock suspension back on, i could not believe how nice the truck now rides and handles. I don't think i will ever lift another truck.
Just my 2c.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Here is my opinion if it matters.
I am selling my Tacoma, and had a 3" Lift, and removed it recently to sell on the side.
Long story short, after putting the stock suspension back on, i could not believe how nice the truck now rides and handles. I don't think i will ever lift another truck.
Just my 2c.
There is something to that....my truck rides very rough on gravel roads
Old 07-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Do you have the taco lean with your set-up? I know I have a ever so slight lean with my set-up. I also am around 2.5 inches.
Yes
Old 07-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #18

Duckcmdr got less lift because he is 4wd and has a heavier bumper than me
Old 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Duckcmdr got less lift because he is 4wd and has a heavier bumper than me

I have 886's . The 2" i was talking about came from the place i was ordering from. Thats why i went with 886 so i could get 3. Maybe thats why they directed me to the 886. Bgr got 2" from his i believe.

I know the older 885 would give 3.