Notices

Toytec ULK 1/4 " frt. top plate spacer

Old 07-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Takin' up space!!
daniel68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Danny
daniel68's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec ULK 1/4 " frt. top plate spacer

New to the forum. Been getting tons of useful info. I ended up going with the ULK with the 2" AAL. I have a bit of rake. The frt is set to 23" hub to fender.
The question.....can I go with the Toytec 1/4" frt top plate spacesr and not have to worry about any pre mature wear issues. CV joints etc.... I reallize I will probably have to have the truck re aligned. Also. I have the LR UCA.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
What vehicle do you have?

Are your coil overs maxed out at 2.5"?

Shouldn't really go any higher since alignment issues will arise. Also the 1/4" Lift is generally only used to correct the taco lean
Old 07-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to add them with no problem. Especially since you have the LR UCAs.

I have 2" up front from OEM coils, and have been thinking of adding the 1/4" spacers to both sides for about 1/2" more lift.

Somebody with actual experience in these will probably chip in soon...
Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Takin' up space!!
Thanks for the replies. I have a '08 Access Cab 4x4 w/ theTRD package. ULK w/ LR UCR's. UDR short shift kit and running 235x85x16 Cooper ATR's on Mojaves. All thanks to info from TW!!
I think I am able to go higher with the threaded spacer. I am in the middle of the theaded part. However, I have read not to go more then 3" because you are using most/all of the down travel of the shock. So I am wondering if adding the 1/4" spacer on top of the C/O for a total of 3 and a 1/2" is advisable. Or am I setting myself up for all kinds of wear issues down the road?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Our trucks aren't suppose to be lifted more than 3" and even at 3" it is too much some times. I wouldn't do it. Your ride quality will be shot.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Takin' up space!!
That's what I was thinking. I guess I could change out the AAL to the 11/2" height vrs the 2" to help level it out. I was hoping to not go any lower. Oh well. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The ULT kit has height adjustable collars for this very reason......however the truck will ride like shit if too much pre-load is put on them! Best thing is to add some weight to the the rear and let it settle after a bit. In general, coilovers are more of a performace upgrade than a lift if you look at it that way!?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
Takin' up space!!
Makes sense. Maybe I'll throw the old wheels/tires in the bed and drive around for a while. Let the rear settle in. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya, and take them offroad and flex them out a few times!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #10
Takin' up space!!
I'm all over it!! Brapppp!!!