Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Thinking of going to 5 or 6 inches

Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
Aww Boo is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking of going to 5 or 6 inches

Hey TW 98 Tacoma with adjustable billies in the front and OME leafs in the back, was wondering Wut do I need to make it go higher and the parts ima need to replace to make it work. Tryin to make it inexpensive as possible but for it to be sturdy (I.e no body lifts).
I tryed putting 285 wit 17in rim and rubs up against the A/upper control arm (not sure which one no one told me the difference). So I'm trying to put more tire on
Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Are you 2wd or 4wd?

Why do you want more tire if the ones you have now are touching the control arms? Lift doesn't fix that, it makes it worse.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
4wd, I'm have 265 on 17s right now
Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
3" BL or drop bracket. IMO I wouldnt choose either. Stick with 2.5-3" lift and call it good. Taller is not always better. 285's are doable on 6" lift but eventually you want to tuck 305's then you will lose MPG and need to regear. Drop bracket also will require cutting the cross member.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
Is there another option if I didn't want DB And what company's should I look for
Old 07-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
If your touching the UCA's just install wheel spacers or buy new wheels with less back spacing.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #9
Aww Boo's Tacoma Gallery
The rim was off a 2005 Tacoma and I'm not getting spacer again I had them and they were paper weight for the longest time that was a bad choice when I tryed putting chevy weld rims on that everybody thinks that it works
Old 07-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
sandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandjunkie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sandjunkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
dont do db if you off road alot.
Seems like you Offroad plenty. Why would you say that? Have you had a bad experience?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjunkie View Post
Seems like you Offroad plenty. Why would you say that? Have you had a bad experience?
Yea i due do alot off roading the travel on db is only 6 inches of travel compared to mid travel getting 10-12 inches in the front. Plus if you are 4x4 you hVe to cut the cross member for the drive shaft. As far bad experience s none so far. But their no preformance advantage cause you dont get alot travel in the front. But if you do decide get the db lift get basic and get like icons or kings. The pro comps are trash plus you have to send to procomp in sd which sux.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #12
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Dear op.
That's what she said