Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

BANG! Trigger pulled on OME setup

Old 07-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
BANG! Trigger pulled on OME setup

I finally decided on what I want to go with for a suspension setup for my 2012 TRD 4x4 DCSB. Ordered from Toytec 7/3/2012 using discount code. Please chime in.

-OME 886 coils
-OME 90000 sport front shocks
-OME N182 rear shocks
-Dakar leaf pack w/bushings and U-bolts
-CB drop kit
-3 degree shims w/hardware
-LR UCAs
-Stainless Steel rear brake lines

Man I can't wait for it to arrive! Gonna attempt installing w/a buddy. I have a rusty screwdriver, some leftover model airplane glue, Bob the Builder hammer (for the tough jobs), and duct tape. I think I got it covered pretty well, so install should be a cinch.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You won't have any problems running the stock wheels and tires

You will probably get more like 3 1/4" with the top plate spacers

Get centre pin collars and add them to the Dakars before you install in case you need to use axle shims later

Extended brake lines aren't a must , but are a good idea if you are going to flex it out a lot
Old 07-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLombardo View Post
I have finally decided on what I want to go with for a suspension set up for my 2012 TRD 4x4 DCSB. Please chime in.

-885 OME front coils
-Front top plate spacers, which will add 3/4" lift to level out front to 3"
-Complete rear OME Dakar CS047R springs
-Front Diff drop kit
-Drive shaft carrier bearing drop kit
-LR UCAs

With this set up will there be an issue with running the stock rims and tires?
Will the rear brake lines need to be extended?
Stock tires and wheels will most definitely not be an issue with the OME lift (or really any lift for that matter).

Rear brake lines will be a bit tight at flex. It would certainly not be a bad investment, although there are plenty of people here that run this setup without extended lines. Including me (but they are on my list). I guess it would depend on how hard you intend to use this setup.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Nice set up you're going to like it.
Don't waste your time or money on the diff drop (search 2nd Gen diff drop).
You're going to want bigger tires. At least 265/75/16s (31.65").
Yes stock will work, but look too small.
Mine with 3" OME lift (885s & Dakars) in commuter mode (30.47" stock Dungflops)

And in off road mode (33.3" 255/85/16 BFG KM2s)
Old 07-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You won't have any problems running the stock wheels and tires

You will probably get more like 3 1/4" with the top plate spacers

Get centre pin collars and add them to the Dakars before you install in case you need to use axle shims later

Extended brake lines aren't a must , but are a good idea if you are going to flex it out a lot
Thank for the advice on the centre pin collars.
So don't go with spacers? I plan on off-roading a bit and have read that spacers are a bad idea. Also, I am considering 886 coils because I intend on going with a Demello Bumper and winch, but not for a while tho. What are your thoughts?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank for the advice on the centre pin collars.
So don't go with spacers? I plan on off-roading a bit and have read that spacers are a bad idea. Also, I am considering 886 coils because I intend on going with a Demello Bumper and winch, but not for a while tho. What are your thoughts?
For a DC , I would probably get the 886's if I was going to add a steel front bumper and winch
Old 07-02-2012, 02:23 PM   #9

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
For a DC , I would probably get the 886's if I was going to add a steel front bumper and winch
Just sent you a PM. Hope you don't mind
Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a DCLB with 886s. I have not yet got my bumper and winch. However I do have front ATO skid plate and sliders. The ride does not seem overly harsh and I would make the same decision again instead of getting 885s now and waiting until bumper/winch to upgrade.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #11

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
I have a DCLB with 886s. I have not yet got my bumper and winch. However I do have front ATO skid plate and sliders. The ride does not seem overly harsh and I would make the same decision again instead of getting 885s now and waiting until bumper/winch to upgrade.
Does your front sit higher than the rear with the 886 coils? You running dakars in the rear?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just sent you a PM. Hope you don't mind
Sent you one back
Old 07-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Does your front sit higher than the rear with the 886 coils? You running dakars in the rear?

PMed you back as well

My front does not sit higher than the rear. I have about the same amount of rake as Oz. Affirmative about the Dakars in the rear. Love how those ride.