LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Flex Noise

Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Flex Noise

So ive started noticing this noise the last few times ive been offroading. Its like when i'm on the trail in 4 lo and suspension is flexing in different ways on uneven rocky terrain i get like this clunking noise. It kinda makes me think its coming from the vehicle flexing but its not the right noise. I have a full OME lift with LR uca's and dakars. Ive been under and checked everything for play or bindage, everything has clearance, i torqued my ubolts. Its drivin me nuts, has anybody else experienced this or have any ideas?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Do you offroad with your trailer hitch?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
i had the same thing when i put my billies in took it to the dealer said the bolts werent tight enough after i got it back no clunking noise
Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same when hitting large speed bumps. I get a clunk in the front end. Havent figured it out yet.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #5
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
I did have my trailer hitch on and it does have some play in the reciever but I don't think its comin from the rear bumper. Im gonna check my coilovers and shock mounting bolts today.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Swaybar touching coils?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Sway bar bushings that are worn out will make a clunk type noise when going over a speed bump or flexing.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
im tempted to take the swaybar off. there is like 3\4 inch clearance between the swaybar and coil. I am gonna check the bushings. thanks for the ideas guys.