1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME 884 front coils question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by lizard1, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jul 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    lizard1

lizard1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Desert Sand Mica/4x4 off road w/lock rear
    Leer cap, rear TSB, BFG All Terrains 10 ply 265/75/16, mud flap trim, black badges, AFE filter, 3" Toytec lift, 884 OME coils, add - leaf, Bilstein 5100 all around
    Hesitated to ask this question but my mechanical knowledge is limited - bear with me please .

Toytec lift (3") delivered today. Consists of front OME 884 coils and rear Add-A-Leaf, along with Bilstein 5100 shocks for the rear (already have rear TSB leaf upgrade).

Front already has Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75". I understand those should be
    set at zero. So are the OME 884 coils longer than stock, thus providing 3'' of front lift?

Thanks for the educating me...I hope.

2. Jul 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM
    MonkeyChief

MonkeyChief Detachable member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ACORLR
    WTB Topper Lunar Rock 6’ Leer
    I assume you're talking about this product here: The 884 coils provide 2" of lift. The kit mentions using the spacers for a full 3" of lift up front, the spacers would be 1/2" but NET a gain of 3" when installed. It sounds like you would set the 5100s to 0, base level and build from there.

I would recommend asking toytec to provide details on what you need to do to install though, they should have final word on how to install their product.

hope that helps.

3. Jul 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    lizard1

lizard1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    Desert Sand Mica/4x4 off road w/lock rear
    Leer cap, rear TSB, BFG All Terrains 10 ply 265/75/16, mud flap trim, black badges, AFE filter, 3" Toytec lift, 884 OME coils, add - leaf, Bilstein 5100 all around
    Spacers included in kit. I printed the install instructions from PDF file - Toytec doesn't include paper instructions.

What you explained in your post is the confirmation I was looking for. Guess I was on the right track after all.

Appreciate you responding - and in language I could understand. THANKS!

Products Discussed in

To Top