1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Decisions! ..... Decisions!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SuperD, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jan 4, 2009 at 1:07 AM
    SuperD

SuperD [OP] Mall Cruiser Pilot

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '09 White TRD Sport DC LB 4x4
    ProComp 6" Stage II, 18x9 Moto Metal 955's, Cooper Discoverer STT 305/60R18, K&N FIPK, Go-Rhino Stainless side steps, Redline Elite hood struts, Magnaflow muffler, Delta Alum. Toolbox, Husky Liners F/R, Window tint
    Hopefully, sometime this week, I'll be getting my '09 Super White TRD Sport DC LB 4x4. I have been up one side of this forum and down the other and still can't decide which way I want to go. I want to lift this truck, but I'm not sure how much. It probably won't be used much, if at all for wheelin', but ya never know. I just love the look of a lifted truck. So, we'll just say it's going to be a mall cruiser, for now. :rolleyes:

I think Paulywallnutz's truck is sick! I know he has the 6" Pro-Comp. The local shop recommends the Fabtech 6" or the Tuff Country 3". The local shop claims they can reverse a Fabtech 6" DB lift, though I'm not so sure about that. I've seen trucks on here with both 3" and 6" that I like. So, that's no help. My main concern is I want the best look with the fewest amount of problems. Plus, a great ride wouldn't hurt a bit. I just don't want to be sorry that I lifted it. :pout:

Is it possible to have a 3" or 6" lift and the ride be just as good or better than stock, .... or maybe not too much worse? :pray:

As far as $$ goes, cheaper is always good, but I want it done right and for it to be reliable. That's the most important thing, as this will be my daily driver. Oh, and I'd like to run a 32" or 33" tire and hopefully not kill mileage. Am I asking too much? :D
    What would YOU do? :confused:

2. Jan 4, 2009 at 3:45 AM
    superHI

superHI Costco Gold Star Member

Member:
    OR
    Vehicle:
    4x4 DC TRD Sport
    3" RevTek Lift, Bed Extender, 17x8 Pro Comp 7089s wrapped in BFG 275/70/17 KM2s, Black Headlights, Grillcraft Mesh Grille

Products Discussed in

To Top