Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Decisions! ..... Decisions!

Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
Mall Cruiser Pilot
SuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the rough

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Decisions! ..... Decisions!

Hopefully, sometime this week, I'll be getting my '09 Super White TRD Sport DC LB 4x4. I have been up one side of this forum and down the other and still can't decide which way I want to go. I want to lift this truck, but I'm not sure how much. It probably won't be used much, if at all for wheelin', but ya never know. I just love the look of a lifted truck. So, we'll just say it's going to be a mall cruiser, for now.

I think Paulywallnutz's truck is sick! I know he has the 6" Pro-Comp. The local shop recommends the Fabtech 6" or the Tuff Country 3". The local shop claims they can reverse a Fabtech 6" DB lift, though I'm not so sure about that. I've seen trucks on here with both 3" and 6" that I like. So, that's no help. My main concern is I want the best look with the fewest amount of problems. Plus, a great ride wouldn't hurt a bit. I just don't want to be sorry that I lifted it.

Is it possible to have a 3" or 6" lift and the ride be just as good or better than stock, .... or maybe not too much worse?

As far as $$ goes, cheaper is always good, but I want it done right and for it to be reliable. That's the most important thing, as this will be my daily driver. Oh, and I'd like to run a 32" or 33" tire and hopefully not kill mileage. Am I asking too much?
What would YOU do?
Old 01-04-2009, 03:45 AM   #2
Costco Gold Star Member
superHI is on a distinguished road

superHI's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137

that link right there is helpful!

obviously, a 3" lift will be cheaper than a 6" lift. & 33" tires will fit a 3" lift.