1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed toytec coilovers today...something looks odd?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by xsptaco07, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jul 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    xsptaco07

xsptaco07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    xsp package, 20" enkei deep six wheels,33" cooper zeon ltz, borla exhaust, borla intake, carbon fiber trim, weathertech mats, Halo HID lights, black grille surround with mesh, smoked 3rd break and tails, 3" toytec coilovers with bilstein strut, AAL and bilstein 5160 in the rear, led tag lights, led interior lights, NTW plated bumper, anytime fog mod, blue and white cluster swap, UWS toolbox,
    I installed this lift today. The UCA seems to be over extended? Is this normal?

photo-11.jpg
    photo-10.jpg

2. Jul 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Pics

3. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    xsp package, 20" enkei deep six wheels,33" cooper zeon ltz, borla exhaust, borla intake, carbon fiber trim, weathertech mats, Halo HID lights, black grille surround with mesh, smoked 3rd break and tails, 3" toytec coilovers with bilstein strut, AAL and bilstein 5160 in the rear, led tag lights, led interior lights, NTW plated bumper, anytime fog mod, blue and white cluster swap, UWS toolbox,
    not sure what you mean by CV angles.

4. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    sfcadams

sfcadams Retired Senior NCO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road DCSB Prerunner Skeewped
    Are you running a 50 series tires on there??

5. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Your problem is those hideous 20 inch wheels. They mess up everything on the truck, I'll be a pal and take off your hands though. :D

6. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    With that toytec spring, the 5100's shouldn't be set any higher than 0.85. What setting are they on?

7. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    lol. They are already sold. Buyer will be picking them up here soon!

I will be replacing them with Enkei Deep six with cooper zeon ltz 33's.

8. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    What exactly do you mean when you say "0.85?" from Toytec:
    "Preset at 3" Lift Adjustable with C Clip for additional weight."
    I havent adjusted them. To be honest im not sure how to. lol

9. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    The1youluv2hate

The1youluv2hate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peps
    SAnta Paula CA
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD sPort 4x4 (11mgmsport)
    oem pro grill 17” pro rep wheels Fox dsc shocks
    I like other wheels better than the enkei deep six

10. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    Guess it just comes down to personal preference. Their both beautiful wheels.

Found the deep sixes for 540 and couldnt pass em up. Also they are powdercoated glossy black

11. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    trdNick

trdNick Odie

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi BigHorn
    how many slots are on the shock body underneath the spring? this will tell you which setting your on

12. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    its on the bottom one!

13. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:32 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    If they are factory pre set by toytech, then you should be good. Most likely they set the shock at 0.85 and assembled evrything for you. As for the control arms, they look normal to me. Drive a few hundred miles and everything will settle, but the factory control arms will still be close to where they are now. I just put the LR UCA's on my truck and it made a huge difference on how the factory sat compared to the aftermarket.

14. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    Thank you! How much did those run you? Whats the big advantage in getting them?

15. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The cheapest ones are the Light Racing UCA's. They are beefier, provide more travel, and help correct alignment issues with having a lift. I got mine pre owned, but new will be about $400. Then there are plenty of other brands of aftermarket UCA's that provide more travel and are beefier than the factory's. Dig a little and you will find every brand and every deal that there is for aftermarket UCA's. Check the for sale threads, group buys, and vendor lists.

16. Jul 5, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    Both of these are correct :D

17. Jul 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    Thanks guys!!!

18. Jul 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    xsptaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    i havent gotten my other rims back from powdercoating yet. I will be replacing them with Enkei Deep Six with cooper zeon ltz 275/60-20

Products Discussed in

To Top