Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installed toytec coilovers today...something looks odd?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsptaco07 View Post
I installed this lift today.
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
The UCA seems to be over extended? Is this normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
probably have lift set too high. Drive around a bit it will settle then check your CV angles
not sure what you mean by CV angles.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Are you running a 50 series tires on there??
Old 07-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Your problem is those hideous 20 inch wheels. They mess up everything on the truck, I'll be a pal and take off your hands though.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
With that toytec spring, the 5100's shouldn't be set any higher than 0.85. What setting are they on?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
Your problem is those hideous 20 inch wheels. They mess up everything on the truck, I'll be a pal and take off your hands though.
lol. They are already sold. Buyer will be picking them up here soon!

I will be replacing them with Enkei Deep six with cooper zeon ltz 33's.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
With that toytec spring, the 5100's shouldn't be set any higher than 0.85. What setting are they on?
What exactly do you mean when you say "0.85?" from Toytec:
"Preset at 3" Lift Adjustable with C Clip for additional weight."
I havent adjusted them. To be honest im not sure how to. lol
Old 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I like other wheels better than the enkei deep six
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
I like other wheels better than the enkei deep six
Guess it just comes down to personal preference. Their both beautiful wheels.

Found the deep sixes for 540 and couldnt pass em up. Also they are powdercoated glossy black
Old 07-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
how many slots are on the shock body underneath the spring? this will tell you which setting your on
Old 07-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
how many slots are on the shock body underneath the spring? this will tell you which setting your on
its on the bottom one!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
If they are factory pre set by toytech, then you should be good. Most likely they set the shock at 0.85 and assembled evrything for you. As for the control arms, they look normal to me. Drive a few hundred miles and everything will settle, but the factory control arms will still be close to where they are now. I just put the LR UCA's on my truck and it made a huge difference on how the factory sat compared to the aftermarket.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
If they are factory pre set by toytech, then you should be good. Most likely they set the shock at 0.85 and assembled evrything for you. As for the control arms, they look normal to me. Drive a few hundred miles and everything will settle, but the factory control arms will still be close to where they are now. I just put the LR UCA's on my truck and it made a huge difference on how the factory sat compared to the aftermarket.
Thank you! How much did those run you? Whats the big advantage in getting them?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsptaco07 View Post
Thank you! How much did those run you? Whats the big advantage in getting them?
The cheapest ones are the Light Racing UCA's. They are beefier, provide more travel, and help correct alignment issues with having a lift. I got mine pre owned, but new will be about $400. Then there are plenty of other brands of aftermarket UCA's that provide more travel and are beefier than the factory's. Dig a little and you will find every brand and every deal that there is for aftermarket UCA's. Check the for sale threads, group buys, and vendor lists.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #16
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
The cheapest ones are the Light Racing UCA's. They are beefier, provide more travel, and help correct alignment issues with having a lift. I got mine pre owned, but new will be about $400. Then there are plenty of other brands of aftermarket UCA's that provide more travel and are beefier than the factory's. Dig a little and you will find every brand and every deal that there is for aftermarket UCA's. Check the for sale threads, group buys, and vendor lists.
Both of these are correct
Old 07-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
Are you running a 50 series tires on there??
i havent gotten my other rims back from powdercoating yet. I will be replacing them with Enkei Deep Six with cooper zeon ltz 275/60-20