1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Options for my 2005 reg cab 4x4

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by danteisme, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    danteisme

danteisme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB Sport, 96 Integra GSR
    0704021144_39d27c569af6a7e5d746e2a54bfb0de72524b612.jpg

so this is what i found the other day. trying to weight out my options. i never really wanted to lift my truck at all. i'm content the height it is at now. i have a set of used springs from a double cab, but it looks like they are about an inch too short (i will hopefully be confirming this today). The more i think about it though, i really don't want to put the same Toyota crap on the truck if this is all the leafsprings last. i've been speaking to 4wd and following his thread on replacing the leafs in the tacoma leaf pack with chevy or ford leafs. i like this idea, but i do not have the resources to do this in my driveway. so here is what i want, either the same ride height or a lift maybe 1.5". any more than that, and i will have to start looking at bigger tires, then bigger tires = gears, and that's just a lot more than what i want to get into.

my options i have found so far:

factory tacoma springs (if the double cab ones do in fact fit) until they give out again in another 60 or 70K miles.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/d...ackerQQLeaf_SpringQQ20052007QQS97TCR515S.html

i found these skyjacker leafs. reasonable price, 4 leaf progressive system with a minor lift. i like these because they keep the OL leaf, which for me i like. i do haul mulch and topsoil occasionally. i found these ALCANs. these are probably more than what i need, as i do not do a lot of offroading. the only offroading i really do is when i need to travel up gas well access roads for work. i also don't like these as much because the remove the factory OL leaf, decreasing the weight capacity. these are also about 200 bucks more than the skyjackers.

other ideas?

i already have 5100s for the front and rear waiting to be installed, so i think those will work with the maximum rear lift i'm looking at.

2. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
  3. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    yeah thats the guy i was talking to about options for fixing my leaf pack, but as this is my only vehicle and daily driver i can't really afford all the down time to rebuild these broken leafs and i don't really have the resources to do this myself in my driveway. i wish i was closer to Cali, i'd hit him up and ask for help!

4. Jul 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    heading home from work bump.

5. Jul 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I don't want lift this time around, just better leafs.

6. Jul 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:

same here. it makes me wonder what toyota was thinking...a 2 leaf with an over load for this size truck?

7. Jul 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM
    danteisme

Member:
    South Western PA
    Vehicle:
    any opinions on those sky jacker leafs if i decide to go that route? i like that they have the overload leaf still. i've read crap quality about their spacer kits, not sure how their springs hold up.

Products Discussed in

To Top