Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Can you buy the same lift kit thats on the new baja?

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
jphilipj is on a distinguished road
jphilipj's Tacoma Gallery
Can you buy the same lift kit thats on the new baja?

I am probably going to sell my 2006 and want to buy a 2012 4wd TRD off road, I like the Baja model but don't want the graphics etc, but I like the 2 inch lift.

Can the shocks/lift springs be found seperately?

I searched TRD racing no luck.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yes you can. Contact DSM for cheap prices on Bilstein shocks. You probably can't buy the stuff from Toyota since they will require a vin. All they are is 5100s with Eibach springs up front and 5160s in the back.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, nothing special about that suspension......you have many options in aftermarket to do the job. For what they would charge, you could get some Icon's or Fox's lol!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Ya, nothing special about that suspension......you have many options in aftermarket to do the job. For what they would charge, you could get some Icon's or Fox's lol!
I know some owners that would fight you to the death about that.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Watch out he's buff as shit.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Watch out he's buff as shit.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
blitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblitzburgh99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blitzburgh99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Poor Baja owners.....the Rodney Dangerfields of Tacoma owners!

Old 07-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I've had both so that's just my opinion!

Ya, I'm buff as shit too! LOL

Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphilipj View Post
I am probably going to sell my 2006 and want to buy a 2012 4wd TRD off road, I like the Baja model but don't want the graphics etc, but I like the 2 inch lift.

Can the shocks/lift springs be found seperately?

I searched TRD racing no luck.
Why dont you buy my truck?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I've had both so that's just my opinion!

Ya, I'm buff as shit too! LOL

Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #13
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
OP, don't get lost in all the trash talk. If you're looking for a decent 2inch lift there's plenty of great options. OME, toytec, icon, king, fox, ect.... Give down south motorsports a call and they'll set you on the right path as will some of the stickies in the suspension section.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
OP, don't get lost in all the trash talk. If you're looking for a decent 2inch lift there's plenty of great options. OME, toytec, icon, king, fox, ect.... Give down south motorsports a call and they'll set you on the right path as will some of the stickies in the suspension section.
Agreed (with calling DSM)

Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
TEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEricksen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes you can. Contact DSM for cheap prices on Bilstein shocks. You probably can't buy the stuff from Toyota since they will require a vin. All they are is 5100s with Eibach springs up front and 5160s in the back.
Again, you are incorrect.

The Bilstein shocks are custom valved, and are not off-the-shelf units.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Just quoting myself again for reference.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
TEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEricksen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEricksen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just quoting myself again for reference.
Why do you constantly badger anyone who disagrees with your blantanly fraudulent posts?

Why do you belittle the automotive company who builds the vehicle to which this forum is dedicated?

The Baja package works, has no vibration issues, rides incredibly well, carries full factory warranty, and as most here attempt to make their vehicles unique, the Baja is already very unique; yet you continue to fraudulently portray the package as a ruse that Toyota has played on unsuspecting saps.

Frankly, I'm surprised that you are allowed to continue posting.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEricksen View Post
Why do you constantly badger anyone who disagrees with your blantanly fraudulent posts?

Why do you belittle the automotive company who builds the vehicle to which this forum is dedicated?

The Baja package works, has no vibration issues, rides incredibly well, carries full factory warranty, and as most here attempt to make their vehicles unique, the Baja is already very unique; yet you continue to fraudulently portray the package as a ruse that Toyota has played on unsuspecting saps.

Frankly, I'm surprised that you are allowed to continue posting.
I didn't quote you. I quoted myself.

Funny how I get singled out when many others have the same opinion.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEricksen View Post

The Bilstein shocks are custom valved, and are not off-the-shelf units.
I think i read this somewhere as well

Closed Thread