Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Ultimate Really Stiff....

Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Ultimate Really Stiff....

2009 Tacoma TRD Sport DC w/Toytec Ultimate 3" installed.

Installed this lift a while back and noticed how stiff the lift is/was. Only adjustments i made was to the driver side where i adjusted for the taco lean. I figured it just needed to settle but its been a year or so with the truck being driven for 6 months of that time due to deployments and the suspension still seems to be extremely stiff

Has anybody else had this issue or know a fix? I won't be able to do anything about it till im home but i figured id start asking around now...
Old 07-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
3" adjusted on CO is going to be stiff. What is in the rear?
Old 07-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My truck certainly doesn't have a factory ride after the Toytec. My front end is set to about 2.5", but the ride is very acceptable.

Now the back end is a different story. I have the Dakar spring packs and they're plenty stiff. I don't really mind though. I wanted to be able to tow and carry a full load.

My Tocoma rides like truck . . . and that's okay for me.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
3" adjusted on CO is going to be stiff. What is in the rear?

I have the TSB w/Toytec AAL. Its basically just the front thats stiff as hell. I kept them at set height they came from toytec and only adjusted the driver side up a little to adjust to the taco lean.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe these will help.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
They're "pre-set" for me was over 4"......just lower them down till your happy and measurements confirm! With 33" MT's I have 38.5" from ground to fender and think hub to fender should be 23".....just don't quote me on that!